Part 6 - The Protecter of the SeaWings

Dew's heart pounded. The menacing stare of the SkyWing kind of freaked him out. I mean his friend was knocked out and the other two were confronting this thief along with him. "I'm gonna die!" Dew thought as the dragon approached him. Pat, pat footsteps were making their way across the tunnel behind the dragons. Dew, along with his friends whirled around to spot the approaching dragon. It wasn't a dragon, a chicken stood gawking at the four dragons. The SkyWing snarled and the chicken ran off.

               Despite the fact that a chicken just tried to butt in, the SkyWing was in no, "funny" state. He stepped forward and grasped Dew's neck. Dew grunted and started lashing his tail, he hit the SkyWing in the face but he just held tighter. Octi and Flurry watched in horror as Dew's body was flung into a wall with a crack.

               "Who's next," the SkyWing said tauntingly. Flurry and Octi stepped forward at the same time while preparing to strike. the SkyWing chuckled. Before anyone could charge or say anything the ceiling started to crumble. All conscious dragons looked up as the roof cracked. Chunks of rock started falling and despite the fact that the ceiling was quite low, they hurt a lot. The two SeaWings backed out of the cave in fear of being squished to death, a rock hit the SkyWing on the head and he fell to the ground moaning. Slivers of sunlight started to show through the roof and dragon's wing beats could be heard over head. The rocks were starting to be clawed out of the way to form an entry overhead. Dew moaned.

               "Ow, someone a little help," Dew muttered while flopping over to face them. A narrow entryway was dug out and Turtle descended down into the cave. The SkyWing growled at the sight of him.

               "Get out of my way," he snarled.

               "Not until my son is safe and my talisman returned," Turtle replied menacingly. Dew's muscles ached, he was tired, he just wanted to go into a very, very long sleep. Turtle and the SkyWing circled each other poised for battle.

               "Soar, you always had a liking towards magical thingamajigs, I'll be honest I'm surprised I didn't see this one coming," Turtle said. He shot a glance over at Dew, his body lay sprawled out on the floor with an abnormal twist in his front leg. Fire blazed in Soar's throat, Turtle anticipated his move and lunged to the side as the fireball hit the wall behind him. Turtle lunged at Soar's chest. Soar gasped and glanced down at his bleeding wound.

               "Only a flesh wound," he muttered referring to his scratch that was quite deep indeed. This time Soar lunged instead of Turtle, his claw grazed Turtle's scales but he still backed away. He was never a fighter. He tossed a pouch that he had been carrying over to Octi who caught and understood. He made his way around the fighting dragons and over to Dew. He ripped open the pouch and pulled out a stone, he pressed it onto Dew's scales. Dew's eyelids slid open and he sat up blinking.

               "Dad's stone, yeah that would make sense only really ever good for sore muscles though," Dew muttered to his friends. Turtle was flung to the wall where Soar's talon impaled itself into Turtle's body. Turtle's scream echoed through the cave.

               "You deserve this just like Queen Scarlet," a dragon Kinkajou said and descended into the cave. She shot her acid spit thing at Soar. Now Soar's screams echoed through the caves. He lifted off into the sky where no one knows where he would go. Kinkajou rushed to Turtle's side.

               "Dew come here now," she demanded and spit her acid onto the ground. Dew realized almost at once and spat his in the same spot, it's color shifted and Kinkajou rolled Turtle into it. The RainWings used their spit to find out who was related to them by doing this same thing, fortunately it turned into a healing salve that could help with most wounds.

               One month later.

               Dew stared across the SeaWing training grounds, he watched the hundreds of soldiers train to fight. He had done so ever since his encounter with Soar and the loss of his friend Oral, he promised himself that someday he would fight to protect his tribe. His father Turtle swam up behind him.

               "Whats up," Turtle asked while wincing for his wound had not fully healed yet.

               "Same as yesterday," Dew replied somberly.

               "Here," Turtle said while handing Dew a spear. Energy coursed through Dew's veins, for a second he felt he could do anything. Then he felt as empty as a broken bucket. He stared down at the spear now surging with power, he looked at his father for an explanation.

               "Dew, your my son. You are an animus."

A/N >:) HAHAHAHAHA end of book. Of course I always could make a second one but eh, I need a break. I really hope you guys enjoyed this book I REALLY enjoyed making it. If you want more Fan-Fictions/stuff then check out my page. Unless you already have... That's awkward. Anyways I better do a final word count, prepare for maths. 394+448+663+731+877=3754 Bye!