Chapter 4

The room was close to pitch black, with a touch of red glowing from the overhead lights. String attached from one side of the wall to the other stretched across the room, holding newly developed pictures and underneath these lay trays filled with liquid. Kimberley had taken the film out of the camera, fiddled with a few machines and was now placing sheets of thick paper into the liquid filled trays. Cheryl watched totally absorbed in Kimberley.

“So how come you choose to do it this way, instead of using digital cameras and stuff.” Asked Cheryl who was actually quite interested in Kimberley’s intense love of photography. “I guess I just love to be part of the process, watch them develop into a work of art. Kind of like people in that way.” Kimberley smiled, pleased that Cheryl cared enough to ask. “I love your little dance moves on stage by the way.” Teased Kim who looked Cheryl in the eye when saying this. “Oh well I just picked them up a while ago, its street dancing...they call me push ten” Cheryl muttered, a little embarrassed. “Push ten!” Kimberley exclaimed with a laugh. “You think its dorky don’t you?” Cheryl said regretting letting this information slip. “No, no! Its adorable!” said Kimberley her smile as bright as ever.

“You look really beautiful in this one...” Kimberley said shyly as she gently pulled one of the thick sheets of paper out of the tray. Cheryl moved closer to get a good look. She brushed Kimberley’s arm, and smelt the strawberry sent which came from Kimberley’s mouth, due to her love of strawberry gum. That looked at each other for a few seconds, silent.

“Kimberley...I need to tell you something.” Said Cheryl slowly, trying to form the words in her mind. “Lately I have been having these feelings...for you. Your so beautiful that when your anywhere near me my body loses all ability to function. Its unexplainable. Your smile, your laugh, how you find such passion in photography...its all so amazing and fascinating to me in a way that scares me...but in a good way. I know your probably going to be freaked out and I accept that but I just couldn’t keep it in any longer and...”

“Cheryl...”

“Yeah...?”

“Just Shut up...”

Kimberley leaned in slowly, closing her eyes only just before her soft lips touched Cheryl’s. They kissed each other deeply, Cheryl moving her hands gradually from Kimberley’s waist, up her back and then weaving in her gorgeous goddess like hair. She allowed her tongue to explore the crevasses of Kim’s mouth, amazed at our soft her mouth was. Kimberley gently placed her hand under Cheryl’s tight shirt, making her way up her stomach. At first Cheryl was slightly shocked, Kimberley felt her concern, and they parted for a second as Kimberley attempted to give Cheryl a reassuring smile. Once again they kissed, softer this time, Kimberley now slipping her hand under Cheryl’s bra. Cheryl pushed Kimberley up against the wall and they kissed, letting all their previously bottled up emotions flow into this moment of passion.