Chapter 6

The girls laughed ecstatically as Nicola paraded across the stage in her costume for playing the part of Mercutio. She skipped merrily in purple tights, with a large hat boasting a peacock feather and brandishing a sword. It was Friday; finally the week was close to an end. Cheryl and Kimberley had both informed all the girls of their romance, and were delighted that they were so accepting. Now they talked happily in the auditorium, being fitted for costumes. Sarah and Nicola continued to prance along the stage, their swords clanging together in a mock fight. Nadine was discussing her part of Lady Capulet with Mr Lockington, who didn’t seem to be coping very well with being confined in a room with over 30 hyperactive students. Cheryl sat on the side of the stage, laughing at Nicola’s antics and slowly absorbing the mass of lines for Juliet which lay in front of her. It was nearly 6pm, which meant the rehearsal was coming to a close, a thought which made Cheryl overjoyed as she was being partially suffocated by her absurd costume.

“Oh Mercutio! You have slain me!” exclaimed Sarah, collapsing to the wooden floor, with Nicola’s sword sticking out of the gap between her arm and torso. The weight of her body caused a large red velvet curtain to fall to the ground in the middle of the stage. “Girls that’s enough!” shouted Mr Lockington, apparently unable to contain his distress for any longer. “Rehearsal is over for today, you may leave.” He sighed, picking up his briefcase from behind the grand piano and walking briskly out the door. The students followed suit, once again leaving Cheryl in the auditorium on her own as she was waiting for Kimberley to finish developing more pictures. Cheryl stood as she heard soft footsteps approaching the stage from behind. Kimberley appeared, smiling and laughing at the sight of Cheryl in a corset.

“Well don’t you look dashing?” Kimberley managed to say through bursts of laughter. “Thanks, I really appreciate your support.” Moaned Cheryl. “No really, I think it’s sexy.” “Sexy?” “Mmhmm. Would my lady be delighted by a kiss.” Kimberley whispered seductively into Cheryl’s ear. “Nothing would please her more, madam.” Cheryl replied, having her speech answered by the soft lips of her girlfriend. They lovingly embraced, making their way into the centre of the stage, and suddenly finding themselves on the gentle smooth feel of the red velvet curtain that Sarah had caused to fall. “How about we get this off you.” said Kimberley as she gradually unlaced Cheryl’s corset, pulled the dress down her torso revealing her breasts. Kimberley tenderly kissed Cheryl’s neck making her way down her chest, stomach and continuing down the expanse of her body. Cheryl was experiencing an amount of pleasure she thought was unimaginable. She now began to undress Kimberley, holding her close. She ran her hand up Kimberley’s thigh, making shivers descend down the expanse of Kimberley’s back. 

~

They lay naked, wrapped in the warmth of each others arms and the velvet curtain. Kimberley ran her fingers through Cheryl’s hair, while Cheryl held her ear to Kimberley’s heart, listening to its steady rhythm which had infected her very soul.

“Kim?” “Mmm” “Do you think we will have to dry clean this curtain before the play? Its just good manners you know.” Kimberley laughed heartily and looked directly into Cheryl’s gorgeous baby browns. “I'm so in love with you...” she said, smiling. “I love you too.” Cheryl replied softly, noticing that Kimberley was beginning to fall asleep. Kimberley was soon deep within her dreams, while Cheryl watched her sleep. She glanced over at a page of her script which lay next to her.  “Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!/ For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.” “Shakespeare...I couldn’t agree more.”