six

luke woke up that morning with a smile on his face. he was happy to wake up that morning, which was a big change from a week ago when he dreaded opening his eyes. he and michael had each others phone numbers now and they would text at least once everyday.

the blond did his normal routine, dropping off milk at everyone's doorstep except michael's, where he put cranberry juice instead. he was currently writing cute little notes on michael's juice like, have a nice day or don't forget to smile babe. after dropping off michael's juice, he slipped into his room.

luke had to concentrate hard the next few days. his web comic was at the most important part, the climax. he started typing away, not paying attention to anything other than the computer screen. he blocked out everything so well that he didn't hear the notification alerts coming from his phone.

michael : luke please help

michael : are you ignoring me on
purpose?

michael : i can hear you talking
through the wall please answer me

michael : am i annoying you?? do you not want to be friends?

michael : maybe i should take the hint

michael : sorry if i ever bothered you.

luke ran his hands through his hair. he finished chapter 35 successfully. 40 people had already read the update when he decided to tweet about the update. he switched his phone on and the first thing he sees is 7 messages, 3 missed calls.

oh god if it's mom i'm fucked, luke thinks. he puts in his password and taps the message app. panic surges through luke when he realizes that all the messages were from michael. he checks his missed calls, and they are all from michael.

the blond runs his hands through his hair again before rushing out the door of his apartment. his heart pounding in his chest, luke knocks on michaels door. fuckfuckfuck, luke thinks. he mentally curses himself for not being able to realize that his phone was beeping.

michael's door opens and luke is met with red eyes and messy hair.

"oh my god, michael i'm so sorry i-"

"save it," michael replies and starts to close the door, but lukes foot stops it from closing.

"michael, fuck, i'm truly sorry. please listen to me please. i don't want to lose you." the last sentence is barely audible but michael hears it. his cheeks flush, and fuck luke can't get enough of michael and luke was all michael wanted and needed. luke thought michael was beautiful when he sniffled like he did and maybe he went in for a hug. michael thought luke looked so amazing with his hair ruffled and messy and maybe he hugged back.

and maybe they stayed like that all day.