Lexi, the Short-Fuse

I was sitting on Tyler's bed in his dorm, looking at all the drawings his roommate had made that were hanging on the walls.

They were all cartoons, usually cutsy dinosaur destroying a bunch of stuff and giving lame excuses. I snorted when I read the one of a T-rex with tiny hands looking guilty, standing in a destroyed city that said "I think I took the wrong turn..."

"You know, Nik's got a problem right?" I told my brother who was trying to tidy up his mess.

"Oh yeah, totally. Oh and Jesus, you haven't seen him yet right? He got stretches!"

My eyes widened. "What?" The first time I had met the guy he was the picture perfect kid, the one that did his homework diligently, ate all his vegetable, went to bed at 9PM and never watched TV. Now he was probably getting a new tattoo every week and stretched?

"I think he's doing everything he can think that could piss off his father enough to bring him back from the dead," Tyler said, grimacing a little.

I shook my head. It had been less than a year since his father had died. For all intents and purposes, Nik looked like he was dealing with it, like he wasn't a big mess, but I was sure he was putting a front most of the time. And well, the whole make-over thing sure didn't look like him exactly. Poor guy. He was an orphan at twenty. "I can't believe his dad died." The first time I met Nik's father was right after Blake... head incident. His father was a neurologist interested in Blake's brain condition and he had met him a lot of times to talk about his sequelae. He had actually written a paper about AVM afterwards, using Blake case. And Nik who was kind of a school prodigy had co-wrote it with him.

"I know."

"And I can't believe Nik dropped out of pre-med," I added. The guy could have probably passed all his exams at this point anyway. Why was he even doing this now?

"Maybe we should ask Vanessa to slap some sense back into him?"

I snorted. Being on the end of that so-called slap I knew it wasn't just sense that resulted from it. A bruised cheek too. "Maybe."

"Anyway, you ready?" Ty asked. I started to wail, hiding my face in his pillow. Tyler grabbed me by the foot, pulling me. "No, no, none of that, it was your brilliant idea you nerd! You wanted to Grayson kids to meet up! Well, you got your wish now, so man up!"

"You know what she'll ask me the second she sees me?"

Tyler look at me with disgust. "Why you still haven't done anything with your hair?"

"No, she'll ask me if Blake has a big dick."

Tyler waved the matter away. "Well, that's quite easy. He doesn't have one, he has a vagina. Blakina with her mangina."

I groaned. "Tyler."

"Whatever," Ty shrugged, "Annabelle doesn't even care about Blake."

"She's always all over him," I whined.

"But he's not really her type."

I threw my arms in the air. "He's everyone's type."

Tyler just shook his index at me. "She likes them short and slightly fat. Your Blake is safe."

"What?"

"Haven't you ever noticed? All of Anna's boyfriend's were always exactly her height or shorter than her. And they could all have lost a couple of dozens of pounds."