CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

My heart begins to beat faster and faster as I run through the park trying to get away from a man in a big black trench coat with an added hood to cover his head and face. As I run, I think about where I could go so that I could get away from him. I start towards my house not thinking that this man probably already knows where I live. But how would he know where I was, none the less know where I live? …Unless he is stalking me…Why would he be stalking ME though? I thought as I ran. Pushing and shoving my way through the crowded streets of Manhattan trying to get to my apartment complex and up the stairs to my house (I live on the top floor, which is the 10th floor, and the elevator is not working so I have to go up 10 flights of stairs). Even though the man tripped he was still right on my tail moving with speed that is not human like.

            At the door I search frantically for my keys, and then I remember that I had forgotten them this morning when I left for the park. I saw the big man mount the top of the stairs and start towards me with his big, black, hooded trench coat hanging loosely on his muscular body frame. As he is coming closer I start to run to the fire escape but before I could get out of it he grabbed me and put a handkerchief over my eyes and pull it tight, a little too tight and it got caught in my curly red hair. I start to kick and scream but no one can hear me because everyone is at work or at school. Then something heard hits my head. I start to seed back spots and then my vision starts to blur, then it goes black.