t h r e e

Corey's P O V

Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.

----

After the girl left, I couldn't get her out of my memory. Every second of the day, I'd be thinking about her.

There was no doubt she was a beautiful girl, and she wasn't the slutty kind either.

Yet, she left me confused. How could someone like her be so hurt?

It was obvious something was wrong, with how she wanted to jump off the freaking cliff, but I didn't understand why.

Today, I had decided to go again and see if she'd be there. I might be able to get answers from her and maybe even get her pretty face out of my mind.

My friends had seen my off mood today during school, and at lunch they had finally asked me what my problem was.

Like hell I'd tell them. My friends were the biggest players in the school, and couldn't keep their mouths shut. Even if they promised, they would probably get drunk and tell everyone eventually that I was already falling for a girl.

All the girls at school knew I'd never like them by now, and that I'm still a virgin. Unlike my friends, I'm a Christian with strong beliefs. I didn't believe in having sex until marriage with the one girl I'll love forever.

After school ended, I quickly drove over to the cliff. Again, the girl was there.

"Hey," I said to her as I walked over and sat next to her.

She slightly nodded my direction, not looking up from her notebook. The girl had a case of an instrument next to her, and by the shape of it, I guessed that it was a Violin.

"So," I started. She glanced up at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"You play violin?"

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"Are you any good?"

"You could say that," she murmured.

"You mind playing for me?" I asked her.

"Sorry, I can't," she said, "it's broken and I can't afford a new one."

"Oh," I replied, slightly disappointed. I wanted to hear her play. "That's too bad, I guess. Maybe when you get it fixed."

She gave me a light smile. "Sure."

She then looked at her watch. "Well, I better get going."

I watched as she put her notebook on the ground and began to put her things away. She held her violin case in one hand, and her backpack over her shoulders.

The girl hopped onto her penny board and began to ride away. That's when I noticed her notebook still on the ground.

"Hey!" I yelled for her. "Wait!"

I was too late. She was already out of my sight, leaving me with her notebook. I knew it wasn't right for me to open her journal but curiosity took over.

I read most of her short entries and by the time I was finished, I didn't know whether to be angry or sad. Angry tears were streaming down my face, and I couldn't help but wonder how someone could do that to her. Especially her own father!

I knew it wouldn't be a lot, but I felt like I had to help her in some way.

I would find a way to get her a new violin.