s i x

Corey's P O V

This chapter, I decided to put in a song that I really think goes well with this book.  It's called Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra.  If you are reading on a phone, then turn your ringer on to hear the song!

• • •

In the end, we only  r e g r e t  the the chances we didn't take.

----

As Ella began playing the violin, I noticed how her eyes slowly closed as the soft melody played.

It was a beautiful song, and it mesmerized me, making me feel so happy about getting Ella that violin.

It may have been a couple of thousand dollars, but for her, it was worth it.

I found myself closing my eyes as well, picturing Ella and I together in the future without her dad there, and her the happiest girl alive. She was beautiful, yet she tried hide it with her hoodies and sweaters. Ella didn't even know that no matter what she would try to do to hide herself, she would always be noticed.

Though she tried to be rude and ignorant to others to scare her away, Ella didn't notice how much attention she drew to herself by being mysterious.

I had also recently found out that Ella goes to the same school as me but is a year younger.

She was a junior, while I was a senior. I also found out that she was one of the only girls in school that hasn't been banged by one of my idiotic friends. For that, I felt happy.

I decided that I'd start sitting with her at lunch as well, and get to know her better than just at the cliff.

I was already falling hard for her, and I couldn't stand to see her so hurt.

----

As time went by, it was already December 15 and Ella became a lot closer to me.

She slept over at my house often to escape her dad, and my parents loved her.

They thought of her as their own daughter, which I loved.

My parents also were talking to lawyers and the police about getting her horrid father arrested. He would be taken to court and questioned right after winter break was over.

You could see the happiness shining in her eyes now, and she no longer showed the sorrow and depression that had always clouded her pale face.

Since winter break was in four days and we wouldn't be going to school as much, I decided I'd tell her my feelings.

She is such an amazing person, yet she still doesn't see it. Ella is caring, kind, and beautiful in every way, yet she gets hurt so easily.

Thats what I love about her. She tends to laugh at her silly mistakes, and learns almost immediately, making me feel like a proud boyfriend.

Yet we weren't dating. Not yet at least.

I hoped to take her on a date on Monday, and confess my feelings on Friday.

Ella always came over to my house on Fridays to watch movies and just hang out. I loved these days because she would cuddle up next to me and sometimes fall asleep in the middle of movies.

While she slept, her mouth curved into the slightest smile, small, yet beautiful.

I also noticed that Ella no longer carried around her notebook. She told me that she no longer needed it, because she now had something that she would live for. This made me blush of course, and made her laugh one of her beautiful laughs.

I never knew that such a small time away could ruin everything.