s e v e n

Ella's P O V

•••

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

----

Though Corey had just left with his parents to visit his other family a state away for Christmas I couldn't be happier.

On Friday, he had confessed how he felt for me, and it made me feel so happy inside. He had been so cute the way he stuttered and how he blushed as he said what he had said.

On Monday, he had taken me to or cliff for our first date, and decorated it with beautiful candles and lights.

He had brought a great dinner that we ate together as we sat looking at the stars and talking.

I felt like it was obvious I was falling for him hard.

Corey always was also always there for me, especially at school when I started talking to more people. Since I had been staying at his house more often, I barely saw my dad. This way, he didn't abuse me and you got a happy Ella.

I hadn't exactly thought about what my dad would do to me once I got home, since Corey would be gone for a few days. It was now December 24, a Wednesday, and he wouldn't come back until after Christmas, on the 26th.

Maybe I could've been smarter and not go home, or sneak in through my window. But going home was the worst decision of my life.

----

When I arrived home, I had thought I'd be going straight to my room. Yet, I was wrong.

My dad was sitting on the couch when I walked in, and he instantly was in my face.

"Ella," he said, his voice hard. "I see you have been whoring around, you slut! Going out and having sex with a guy every night so you can stay at their house huh? So you can avoid me?"

"N-no Dad! I-" I started but was interrupted.

He slapped my face. "Dont lie to me slut! Iv'e been hungry. Now go to the grocery store and buy some food for dinner."

I nodded quietly, happy that the abuse was not that bad or painful this time, and that he stopped hurting me quickly- or so I thought.

As I walked outside the house, I began to walk to the grocery store.

When I was about halfway there, I saw one of my dad's cars.

My dad had two cars- a jacked up dark gray car with some cheap metal sticking out that he wanted to get rid of, and a nice, sleek, black pickup truck that I found out he bought with my life savings a few years ago.

I wondered why he was driving the gray dump, instead of his truck he always loved to drive.

"Maybe he felt bad and was going to offer me a ride to the grocery store," I had said to myself.

I shrugged my shoulders internally. I began to walk across the street, and time began to move slowly. My Dad
was smirking at me driving straight towards me.

I was frozen in place and couldn't move. My eyes stared open wide at him. I opened my mouth to scream, but it was too late. The force of the car hit me and I felt something sharp hit me near my eyes. A banging noise echoed throughout my head, eyes beginning to sting, and I blacked out.