Part 3: The Girl Who Jumped

"Why would she jump off the roof?" Adrien asked as he was pacing in front of his very disgruntled kwami.

"Who cares? You jump off roofs all the time. Now feed me." Plagg whined. Adrien shot him a glare, hoping to threaten his kwami into having an actual meaningful conversation that did not involve cheese.  Adrien ignored his plea for cheese and went on.

"I care! Its my fault! And now Marinette's in the hospital with serious injuries!" Adrien groaned as he threw himself face down onto his bed. Plagg rolled his eyes, seriously he just had to choose the boy who was a huge drama queen.

"How is it your fault the girl jumped off the roof?" Plagg asked impatiently as he flew over to where Adrien was crumpled on the bed.

"I should have seen the little girl, I should have been paying attention. Its my job to help protect the citizens' of Paris, right? Am I really allowed to call myself Paris' protector if a normal civilian had to hurt herself while doing my job? And it was Marinette, too." Adrien said muffled into his pillow.

"You were distracted by the reporters, besides what does it matter if it was a girl you know?" Plagg's voice grew distant as he flew into the drawer where Adrien hid extra cambert cheese. Adrien looked up and crinkled his nose at the scent of the stinky cheese before talking again.

"Exactly, Plagg, I was distracted. I was so distracted that I didn't notice a little girl fall off the roof, that's not just distracted, I was totally oblivious. But Marinette saw, and she saved the little girl, she jumped off a freakin' roof, and now she is seriously injured."

"You said that already, okay I get it, you feel bad Marinette got hurt but it was one mistake. You're just going to have to get over it, Adrien. " Plagg said with his mouth full as he sprayed half chewed cheese all over Adrien's desk.

"You act as if its so easy." He murmured.

"What's the big deal with this girl, Adrien? You've already sent her flowers as both Chat and Adrien, I think you're good."

"Flowers don't fix broken bones, Plagg!" Adrien yelled.

"Then go see her! Do something! Stop being so pathetic! Geez, you would think you were the one hurt..."

Adrien turned his head to glare at his kwami, and his kwami glared back. Suddenly, Plagg sighed. The kwami flew over from his previous position on the the desk and settled himself on Adrien's pillow.

"Look, kid. Its true, maybe you should have been paying more attention but what happened happened. You can't change that, but you know, you did do the right thing as soon as you knew what was happening. You jumped off the roof too; you tried your best to save both girls and you helped them afterwards."

Adrien made a hmmming sound.

Plagg chuckled.

"I guess I do know what the big deal is with this girl, though. You have equipment to jump off roofs, but that girl...I don't know if she is really stupid, reckless, or brave."

Brave. Incredibly brave. Adrien thought as he turned over and stared up at his roof, thinking of the girl who jumped.

Author's note: Hey, guys! So I know this part is really short (I'm sorry!) but I wanted to give you guys some insight to what Adrien was thinking! Tell me what you think!