Part 8: Fallen

So the kiss was awkward.

....

Nothing else to say. After all, he had literally crashed his lips on hers in a burst of emotion.

As he held Marinette's face in his gloved hands, he crushed her lips and their teeth clacked together. Adrien pulled back quickly not quite knowing what he had just done. Marinette's wide eyes and surprised face mirrored his own and he froze. That was his first kiss, and it had probably been the worst one Marinette has ever received. It was awkward, and inexperienced and...He's pretty sure he might have bruised her lips. Urrrrgg. And to top it off, he did the worst thing he could possibly do in that situation; he looked into her eyes. He got lost in her goddamn, gorgeous eyes.  He could try and blame it on the moment, the moment that he totally lost it, but let's face it, he had lost it a long time ago. But the funny thing is, even if he was completely lost in her eyes, he had never felt so at home. 

First all he knew was blue, very blue. So very blue. Then he saw streaks of blues he never knew existed. He saw the deep, dark, mysterious blue of the ocean. He saw the bright, proud, gaudy blue of a peacock. He saw the light, calming, serene blue of the morning sky. He saw the gray, shy, fond blue of rain. Every memory, every metaphor, every symbol he had ever characterized as blue. He saw himself curled up in a blanket with his Mom and Dad watching a movie. He saw his mom and him playing in the garden. He heard his Dad singing him and his mom a lullaby. He saw the first time he woke up and realized his mom was gone. He saw the time his Dad had picked a meeting over his birthday. He saw the first time he met Plagg. He saw Nino hugging him for the first time. He saw the time Alya, Nino and Mari and him had gone out for ice cream. He saw the time when he met Ladybug for the first time. He saw Mari jump off the roof. He saw her laying against him, just breathing. He saw her tear-soaked face as she showed him her most vulnerable side. He saw her kissing his hand. He saw her grinning up at him as that movie started to play. He saw her looking up at him through her eyelashes, as she asked him what this was.

He saw her;

He saw her deep, dark and mysterious like the ocean. He saw her bright and proud like a peacock. He saw her calm and serene like the morning sky. He saw her shy and fond like the rain. He saw so many things, getting lost in her eyes.  He could no longer tell you what he was doing or where he was or even who he was, he only knew one thing; and that was, that he wanted to know more colors of blue.

Adrien didn't register his body moving. He didn't register Marinette's stuttered questions or her burning face as he stared intensely into her eyes. He didn't register anything except what his heart was telling him to do.

He kissed her again.

It was nothing like their first kiss. It wasn't awkward due to too much force and lack of experience. It wasn't shocking and embarrassing. This time, he gently laid his lips on hers. Feeling the soft skin of her lips, feeling the light warmth radiating from them, tasting the vanilla from her chapstick, feeling the spark from her lips to his, just feeling. So this time when Adrien laid his hand on her cheek and kissed her, he tried to convey all that he was feeling. He tried to tell her everything, how beautiful she was, how much he liked her, how much he wanted to know more. More. He pressed on, as he kissed her harder. He needed her to know, how much more of her that he wanted. He wanted to know every speck of blue in her eyes. Every memory that constructed her soul. Every nook and crevice of her heart. Every freckle on her body. Every thought on her mind. Every heartbeat. Every breath. He wanted all of her and he needed her to know that.

Adrien felt her gasp against his lips and was about to pull back, when her hand curled around the back of his neck, pulling him in closer. Her mouth moved hesitantly on his and he understood. She was trying to respond to his feelings, trying to tell him that she wanted to know about him, everything. He understood, and suddenly Adrien felt his emotions, bursting to the brink, for the girl sitting in front of him. He put a hand on her lower back, needing her closer, but was sent crashing to reality as Marinette whimpered. He reluctantly pulled back, remembering where he was and who he was and he remembered the girl, that he just kissed, was still seriously injured. He also remembered a girl in red and black, lovely against the natural backdrop of Paris. Oh no. This was a problem, a big problem. He still loved Ladybug, or so he thought but then...but that didn't matter. He as Chat Noir, kissed one of his classmates, which could compromise his identity, and could hurt a girl who had no idea what she was kissing. True a girl, a beautiful, amazing, kind, compassionate, brave, gorgeou--whoa, getting off track there, Agreste. He scolded himself. He looked up when he heard Marinette whimper again. His eyes widened as he realized that in his musings he hadn't' removed his hand from her back and now his claws were digging into the flesh on the back of her hip. He quickly snatched his hand away and pushed himself up, giving them both room to breathe.

"S-s-sorry, Mar-Marinette! I didn't mean...I wasn't planning...I don't know what I...sorry." He managed to sputter out. He felt his face burning and he let his gaze drop. He glanced up through his eyelashes to peek at Marinette and saw that her face was flaming with a blush as well. His eyes dropped to her lips involuntarily. And Adrien was convinced once again that the universe hated him, because as soon as his gaze settled on her lips, his mind was seared with the memories. How soft her lips were, how her breath felt on his face, how easy it was to hold her, how he had wanted to kiss her more. Oh god, did he want to kiss her more. Again and again. With one touch of her hand, he was soaring. And with the touch of her lips, his whole body burned and fluttered. Emotions he had never felt, were forcing their way through, coursing their way from his heart outwards, pulsing and pushing. And he would never admit it outloud, but he loved it, how this felt.

This.

Adrien flashed back to when Marinette asked him what this was, as she looked up from her eyelashes. He jerked back to the present as his heart raced and his mind muddled as he looked over the blushing girl sitting before him. Her face was crimson by now, and he couldn't help but chuckle at her. She was so cute, he thought.

This.

This. The thought pulsed through his mind, and pumped from his heart. This. He knew exactly what this is. He shook his head and chuckled.

"W-What?" Marinette stuttered out curiously.  Adrien didn't answer, he just gave her a gentle smile and returned to petting her hair.

It seems that Marinette is not the only one who had fallen.

Author's Note: I know this chapter is short and I'm sorry! The next one will be longer, I promise! (or at least I hope). I also wanted to let you guys know that; AAHAAAHHHAAAA! OH MY GOSH!! LIKE AASEREREFGGEGA. The last time I checked Jump had gotten 9.3 K reads. 9.3! And there have been so many comments and votes and Ahhhh! I just can't. I'm so happy that this has gotten such positive feedback, like you guys have no idea. I think I'm gonna cry.

So some notes on the actual story; I used Adrien's name in this chapter cause it was from his point of view, but know that he is still transformed as Chat Noir. Second of all, I have a challenge for you all; I used a line from a previous chapter in this one and I wonder if you can find it?

As always, I love you all. Have a good whatever! (Day, night, morning, evening, whatever. I don't discriminate :))

Love,

Cutesylittledemon