Part 10: Yours

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien tried again.  And again, his kwami pouted in the corner.

"No way, Adrien. This is the fourth time this week you've went to see her. I am not meant to be used for your playtime with your new girlfriend."

"C'mon, Plagg. How else am I supposed to see her?" He tried begging again.

"Oh, I don't know. Date her as your civilian self, like everyone else?" Plagg said as he turned his nose up.

"You know I can't do that." Adrien tried begging again. Why couldn't he have a reasonable kwami?

"And why not?"

"Because, Plagg!"

The kwami finally turned around from where he was sulking in the corner, flying up to his chosen and crossing his arms, gesturing that Adrien should continue his explanation.

"I can't date her as Adrien, Plagg, because she fell in love with Chat." He tried to explain as patiently as possible. " Besides, Marinette would never have feelings for me as Adrien."

"Oh, I don't know about that." Plagg muttered under his breath. He sighed as he flew over and landed on Adrien's head.

"Look, kid. I get it, you care about this girl, and this whole situation is really complicated. More so than you probably think, but you have to give me a break. We've gone to see her for four nights straight, you're lucky there hasn't been an akuma, you know. Text her, call her, do something, but give me a break. I'll let you go see her tonight, but tomorrow you guys will have to take a break. And I better be getting extra cheese for this."

Adrien grinned. His kwami could be stubborn, bratty and a pain in the ass but at this moment, Adrien could have kissed him. However, right now, he would much rather be kissing a certain blue eyed minx of his. Adrien opened his mouth, to repeat the transformation when he was interrupted.

"Hey, kid, are you sure you two are dating?" Plagg said sleepily.

"Yeah, of course we are, why do you ask?" Adrien started slowly. Where was Plagg going with this?

"Well its just that, you've never actually asked her. I mean, all you guys do is cuddle and kiss and talk. You've never made your relationship, if you can call it that, official."

Plagg, had a point. They had never labeled whatever it is that they had. He had always considered that they were dating...but what if Marinette didn't? What if she just thought it was a fun little fling?While Adrien had never really done the whole one and done thing, Marinette might have....He never really did ask her what she wanted out of this...relationship. Were they dating or were they not?? Adrien needed to know. He went to his window, ready to transform when he was stopped by a sudden thought.

If she doesn't consider us a thing, does that mean that she could be dating someone else? She did say that she still had feelings for someone else, but she said that he didn't reciprocate. But if we're not official, she could date someone else if she wanted to, right? She could be seeing someone else right now. 

Adrien practically growled at that last thought.

Is she mine?

Of course Adrien knew that Marinette was a human being, not an object to be owned...and the only person she would ever belong to is herself... but it was the idea that he wasn't the only one that that set fire coursing through his blood. He shouldn't need to put a label on what they had, he shouldn't need a title to present everyone, and himself with. He should just trust Marinette...but Plaggs voice joined others, fanning the sparks of doubt and insecurity into flames. He shouldn't need need to know, but he did.  He needed to know, to make her understand that he needed only her. He needed her to tell him, that she needed only him too. He needed her.