Part 16: I Jumped

Marinette grinned as she jumped for roof to roof, patrolling the nearly silent city as it slept. With each burst of energy that came with each leap, Marinette couldn't help but feel as if she was flying; but then again, it seemed that she always felt like she was flying these last few months.

She paused her leaping for a moment to examine her city. And it was hers, for the first time in a long time, she remembered why she was protecting this city. She looked around, taking in all the familiar sights. There was the steeple of the chapel, and right over there was the little cafe, Adrien, had taken her for her first date.

Adrien.

Chat Noir.

She smiled as she thought about the boy who had changed her life so drastically in the last year, or so.

You could definitely say she was surprised when she found out they were the same person.
Her smile turned nostalgic as she remembered the night that he revealed his identity.

She had been sitting on her bathroom counter, in nothing but her bra and pants. Marinette giggled as she remembered how badly Adrien had been blushing then. Even with a mask covering half of his face, nothing could have concealed the dark flush that overcame his features. And then he had hid from her, trying to hide his much too obvious embarrassment.

But he came out eventually, she remembered. Yes, that was when he took her up on her offer to leave marks on the only unmarked skin dressing her body. She giggled again.

Marinette let her fingers come up and, lightly, trace the center of her collar bone, the memory seared into her skin.

Oh course, that night hadn't been all fun. Not fun, but important. That was the night that Adrien told her that he loved her. Over and over. By now, those three words had been imprinted all over her entire being, and she couldn't have been happier.

That night, Marinette had let all of her masks come off. She let him explore every aspect of herself, every aspect that she had hidden from everyone for so long, even the aspects that she had hidden from herself. She let him see her, for who she truly was.

That was also the night, that he did the same. That was the night that she learned that Adrien was Chat Noir. Marinette remembered her shock when he pulled back from kissing her, only to see the guy who she gave up on. She remembered sitting there, mouth wide open, while Adrien shifted awkwardly and with his eyes downcast. She remembered giggling, most likely insanely, as she realized the ridiculousness of it all. She remembered Adrien looking at her with concern, and slight fear laced in green eyes. Green eyes that she had fallen in love with twice. After she explained it all to him, his eyes had widened and it was his turn for his mouth to drop open in shock.

Marinette remembered whispering "I love you," before kissing him again. She remembered how he whispered "I love you, too," as he moved his lips against hers. She remembered a lot of kissing that night.

She giggled again, when she remembered the blush blooming under his skin when he realized that she was still shirtless.

But that night had been important. So important. Marinette remembered letting Adrien pull her to the roof, carrying blankets and pillows. They had laid down, staring up at the stars, hands entwined. And they talked. About everything. They talked about her, about him, about Ladybug and Chat Noir. And she told him everything; about meeting Tikki, and about her insecurities, about all that happened this year, about all her doubts and hidden feelings, about the boy that she gave up on, about the time she jumped off a two-story building and finally about the boy that saved her. He had talked too, about his mom and dad, about meeting Plagg and his classmates, about meeting her, about falling in love with Ladybug, about his favorite movies, about how he fell in love with a silly, but lovely, girl who jumped off the roof. They had talked about the stars and the moon and the universe itself. He had laughed and she had giggled. They had been silent for a while. And then they talked more.