Part 9: Let's Try

She had kissed him. She, Marinette, had kissed that damn alley cat, Chat.

Shit. 

And here he was petting her hair and smiling at her, like nothing ever happened. Like he didn't have a care in the world. Like she wasn't blushing so hard she may have a permanent pink tinge. Like he didn't just kiss her. 

And she had let him. She had let him twice.

Although, she wasn't really sure if the first one could be even called a kiss. It was sloppy and awkward, and was really just Chat crushing his lips on her. But the second...the second was a kiss, one with feeling behind it. It wasn't impulsive or careless. It was emotional and sweet and...loving. Chat poured his heart and soul into that kiss, trying to let his feelings reach her and they had. And she reciprocated the kiss. She reciprocated.

Oh god. What was she going to do?

She didn't have time to think about it because Chat laid his forehead lightly on hers, fingers still running through her hair, effectively distracting her. She looked up a bit, knowing that her conflicted feelings were practically pouring out her eyes.

He smirked.

He had the audacity to smirk. Her eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth to spew out a threat about wiping that smirk right off his face when he distracted her with a tender kiss to her forehead, his hand pausing at the back of her head, bringing her closer.

"Mari?" Chat whispered.

"Yeah?"

"May I kiss you again?"

Well, at least he thought to ask this time, Marinette thought. She knew that she should say no, she knew she should shut this whole thing down. She should stop now, while she could. After all, her life was complicated enough, she really shouldn't add another complication, no matter how enjoyable that complication was. But that was the problem, she enjoyed Chat. And she didn't just enjoy kissing him, she enjoyed being around him, she enjoyed the feelings he caused, she enjoyed him. Should she really sacrifice this one bit of enjoyment, this one indulgence in her happiness, because it  was the right thing. Was it really the right thing? Was sacrificing her happiness really contributing to the greater good, just because she was Ladybug? And she really, really wanted him to kiss her again. She wanted to kiss him back. She wanted him close...was it really that selfish of her?

Chat was still cradling her gently, patiently waiting for her answer. Marinette looked up to meet his eyes and saw his patience, his kindness, his...attraction. She bit her lip, already knowing that she made her decision, even though the logical side of her brain was screaming and arguing. Looking into his eyes, she nodded. Completely and totally, walking into this complication.

His lips pressed on hers seconds later. His hand still cradling her head, pulling her deeper into the kiss. His other hand ran up and down her arm, sending little shocks to her heart. Speaking of her heart, it felt like it was going to pound out of her chest. The softness of his mouth over-ridding her senses, his lips tasting sweet like sugar, his touch filling her with warmth, his lips moving against hers, softly and slowly, mesmerizing. But she wanted more, she wanted to taste, to feel, more. She shifted against him, bringing her body closer, she whimpered a bit as pain flared at the sudden movement. She didn't care, right now the pain was nothing compared to pleasure his mouth was providing. She felt Chat start to pull away, most likely worried about her but she needed him to keep kissing her. She needed him. She placed her hands in his hair, pulling him closer, sealing her lips on his. He responded to her rough behavior with surprise before lightly lifting her onto his lap. Her whimpers of pain were luckily lost in his mouth, as she learned of the new control that came with this new position. And for the first time that night, she kissed Chat. She initiated the kiss, she controlled it and at this point, all Chat could do was reciprocate(not that he was complaining.)