Genevieve III

I've had a good day and a problem is getting dealt with so I'll give you guys a bonus Drabble. Enjoy!

••••••••••

Genevieve III

In the style of Percy Jackson and Paul Blofis

They both woke up at the same time, alerted by Gen's screaming.

Paul put a hand on Sally's shoulder.

"I'll go," he said. She gladly crumbled back on the pillows, hair spread over her face. He moved the rebel strands covering her eyes, pushed the sheets back and slipped out of bed.

He was at Genevieve's bedroom door when he heard someone else bouncing her around and shushing her and trying to sing lullabies but forgetting the words and starting from scratch time and time again.

Percy.

Paul watched and waited it out, but Percy seemed to be doing fine. He only put Gen down when she stopped crying, and he was so gentle about it that it was hard to believe that he was a trained warrior.

"Oh," Percy said noticing him on his way out. "You startled me."

"Sorry."

"She's asleep now."

"So I've noticed," he said. "Thank you. But don't feel like you have to get up for her in the future though, get some sleep."

"Well, you two are exhausted. I thought you might sleep through it. I was up anyways, and it worked although I have no idea what the hell I did and why it worked."

"Don't worry, only your mother does." Paul said.

"She's done this before."

"She's done it well," he nodded. "Genevieve is lucky to have a brother like you. Your mother and I were very scared when we thought she may not."

Percy looked into her room.

"Is it weird that I'm mad?"

"Not at all," Paul said. "To tell you the truth we've kind of been anticipating it."

"Am I that predictable?"

"No, it's just what a lot of people feel."

Percy turned to Paul abruptly, frowning.

"You and I are talking about different things." Percy said giving him a look. "What are you talking about?"

"Aren't you angry that you came home and there was a new child that you didn't even know about?" Paul asked.

"No," Percy huffed. "I'm mad that I did stupid stuff like fall into Tartarus and that I didn't save the world by a larger margin. I mean, she was in it. I could have never met my little sister."