Grocery Shopping

Grocery Shopping

In the style of May and Luke Castellan

Sweetie, stay with the cart okay?" May asked. She lowered her voice so only the little blond boy would hear her. He was seven years old, but May knew for a fact that a seven year old could still get into a lot of trouble with the police. "And I don't want to see your fingers just wandering around near the cookies. We'll get you some school snacks later, okay? Legally."

"Kay," Luke said with a neutral face. He watched her walk away, looking worried. "Mom, can I get, like, homemade cookies this week?"

"Of course," May asked. "I just thought you liked Oreos better."

Luke shook his head. "I like yours better."

"I'll make a batch after lunch, okay?" May said with a smile.

Luke nodded. May grabbed a few jars of peanut butter after realising that it was on sale, and she returned to the cart.

"I'm assuming that it isn't this week that you're going to change your favourite sandwiches," May said.

Luke shook his head with a tiny, half-hearted smile.

"Alright, let's go into the vegetable aisle."

Luke made a face. That was a lot less exciting for him.

"Okay, okay- how about I go grab some greens and you go pick out the juice you want to drink this week."

"Even if it's Kool-Aid?" Luke asked, his big blue eyes so much like his father's begging. May cringed at the idea of him having that much sugar in his body, but something had happened this morning to upset him (though she didn't know what it was for the life of her)...

"Even if it's Kool-Aid," she consented.

Luke smiled and ran off, May's proud and loving smile lighting up the aisle.