The Tension Builds

How was I going to survive that night without killing that whore and letting Zya find out that I was his mate..... Could I go through the pain of hearing him with another girl? My mind was going crazy, how could he ask me such a thing, I knew my wolf would go completely insane, I just knew she would. My wolf was not the type you piss off, she is a fierce, temperamental wolf. You just do not interfere with Ikari. I sighed heavily coming back to reality and noticing that I was clenching the wet rag in my hands. Ikari was not going to settle down with this... not one bit. I then started to clean off the table washing off the food before putting them in the dishwasher. I knew Zya loved the place to always be clean and presentable at all times it was kind of his little OCD thing. After cleaning up the rest of dinner, I quickly spun around needing to talk to someone before Ikari blew up my cover. I rushed all the way to Aida's room. I lightly knocked as I heard Aida grumble but he soon opened his doors nonetheless. Aida looks down at me while he frowned, I could tell he was a bit irritated

Aida grumbles out, "What happened now, Plague?"

His tone seemed a bit different this time, maybe I came here too late. It was as if he knew I was having a meltdown. The irritation traveled all the way to his facial expression. I looked at my hands while they shook like crazy. Ikari wanted out and wanted out now. I pressed my hands into my stomach in an attempt to hide them from Aida.

I then reply softly. "H-he asked me to stay in the room across from his..."

Aida seemed confused at my statement. He even interrupted me before I could give him all the details of my situation.

He says "How is that bad, Plague? If he asked you to stay in that room maybe he has feelings towards you. I mean not any slaves can sleep in a normal room outside of the common rooms."

I bit my lip to hold back tears, this was tearing me apart say said slowly looking up at Aida.

"No, you don't understand... Only for the night while he... Mates"

Aida's frown quickly changes, and his eyes widen in complete shock and sadness. He quickly grabs me pulling me into a deep hug while my heart started to shatter at the realization, of what is about to happen. I had to do this though... I just had to. Aida started to rub small circles on my back trying to make me feel better. I knew he was my brother yet he had no clue about me. Like he watched over me and kept me out of trouble. I just had to survive one night of this painful situation and I'll be free from this shame and guilt. Zya would never know, and that was for the best.

Aida then said sadly. "I wish you would just tell him already, it would be much simpler. It would also make you relax for once and have a happy normal life. I mean even for Zya, he would be happy to finally have his true mate..."

I quickly interrupted him "You know perfectly well that I can't do that Aida."

Aida sighs heavily and says. "I hope you know what you're doing to yourself and to Zya."

I nodded my head knowing full well what the hell I was about to put myself through, I backed away leaving his arms just as I felt a glare on the back of my head. I looked behind me to see Aida's mate, Lucia. Lucia never really like me much because other than her I was the only other person that Aida didn't hate, that he was nice to which really says a lot because well... Let's just say he was known as the Asshole Beta around the pack. There were times when she would accuse me of trying to make him cheat on her, even though I told her from time to time that all he was to me was a brother. I sighed looking back at Aida and then at Lucia.

I then say "Good evening, Lucia I was just...."

I was immediately interrupted by Lucia grabbing my throat with her puny hands that didn't really faze me a little. It's funny that she thinks she can choke me with her pathetic strength. I could tell in her eyes that she was beyond furious with me. I glared heavily down at her just as I was about to rip her a new one literally and physically.