Chapter 11: Saralee

The picture on this chapter is Raliyel

.......................................

Queen Saralee?" I heard a clear voice from behind me followed by a sharp knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I snapped.

"Raliyel, Your Majesty."

"Oh, come in," I said cheerily, instantly losing my grumpy demeanor. Raliyel Novisty of the Scientist Clan was the fourth ever Iceheart to Turn, after me, Fenorel, and Armetorius. This made her part of the Circle of Original Icehearts, a group consisting of my closest friends and advisors. If she wanted to see me this late, it was definitely about something important.

"Is there something you need?" I asked as she entered the Grand Hall, sitting down in the leather armchair across from mine.

"I have good news from the Scientist Clan," she smiled. "We've finally been able to place a better satellite in orbit around Earth, and it's given us loads of new data on the Glitches! Enough to construct an Auramap, even!"

She ran her hand across the air in front of her and a rippling invisible Aurascreen materialized. On it was a detailed Auramap of the Program.

"I don't understand! Why are they progressing towards the exit!?" I frowned at the real time Auramap, where twenty six pulsating red dots, which I assumed represented the human Glitches, glided across the simulated surface of Earth.

"They have probably discovered the secret of the Program," she shrugged. "Knowing that it isn't the real world and that it will self destruct in less than two years, they'd naturally want to get out as soon as possible."

"But how could they possibly know where to find the exit? I heard it's very well hidden. And why isn't Amanda trying to stop them?" I narrowed my eyes menacingly. "Something seems fishy here..." I scooted over in my armchair to get a better view of the map.

"The humans wanted them to get out! The whole purpose of the Program was to give them a chance to leave, and find a new home! Do you really think they would've left the Glitches without some kind of clue? And as for Amanda, she's the Warrior Chief. She's really smart, and probably has some sort of a plan. Maybe they aren't actually headed for the Northern Lights at all! Maybe Amanda is leading them out into the middle of nowhere to be killed off."

"I can't wait for her to lead them out into the middle of nowhere," I sighed. "I want the Glitches dead. Now."

"They're millions of miles away!" Raliyel threw her arms up in frustration. "Our best bet is to count on Amanda. She could get rid of them way faster than we could send down a shipful of Ice Guards. You know, you should really try to be more patient about these things," she added after a few seconds. "Sometimes, even though you're the Queen, you can't get what you want within seconds of asking!"

"Actually, yes, I can. I just have to be smart about it," I smiled slyly. "Power, money, fame, immortality, beauty. Had all of those in the bag just like this," I snapped my fingers.

"That's different! It took you more than-"

"Never mind that. I'll prove it to you now that, just like always, I get what I want. Does that Auramap give you any more information about the Glitches, other than their general location and movement?" I asked.

She nodded, and tapped the corner of the map, causing it to zoom in on the Glitches. More demographics appeared in silver text under them. 

"Well, judging from their speed and altitude, they're probably in an airplane, headed north." Raliyel told me after studying the map for a few seconds.

"An airplane?" I grinned. "Perfect. What about the location of Viviana's fake brother, the Code, Justin King?"

"He's in close proximity to the Glitches, probably within a few yards, actually."

"What about those?" I asked, pointing to two extra dots that seemed to be a few miles away from the rest of the Glitches, though they were traveling in the same direction.

"I'm not sure actually...they are also on an airplane, but not the same one as the rest of the Glitches. I really don't know why they would choose to separate like that."

"We can take care of those two later. This couldn't have been better if I planned it!" I beamed. "Wire a message to our ship approaching Earth. Tell Holly and Sierra to take those humans out, once and for all."

"But how?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Raliyel..." I chuckled softly. "Human airplanes are very easy to crash."

............................

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I really, really wanted to end it on that line! Also, we have a new addition to the cast:

RedReality as Raliyel Novisty!