Chapter 32: Anna/Teren

x_Tangerine_x I liked your character very much, so you get a POV!

.................................

Anna

I sighed to myself, brushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear as I slightly adjusted the ship's angle, keeping it steady as it hovered above Earth.

"The fireworks are ready!"

"And I've got Queen Saralee's message in the Aural projector, ready to be broadcast!"

"I checked with the crew below deck. They've got the explosives unwrapped and lined up." Three excited voices chirped in rapid succession.

"Thank you, Solstice, Alexis, and Silver," I nodded. "I'll inform the Iceheart Department. Good work, team. Now, all we have to do is wait on Chief Valior's order."

Sierra Valior and Holly Myers, the former commanders of this ship, had mysteriously gone missing the previous day, and my team had been called in as an emergency replacement. I pitied the poor girls, but I wasn't complaining. Thanks to their disappearance, I had gotten the chance to oversee the operations of an entire Iceheart fleet!

However, my celebration was short lived.

"No, please! Let me go back home!" I heard the frantic complaints of a girl outside my door.

"I'm very sorry, Your Highness," a gruff voice replied. "You are to spend two weeks here. Queen Saralee's orders."

"But...Aunt Saralee really likes me! Surely I could convince her to-"

"No one convinces the Queen to do anything."

"Aw, come on!"

Curious, I opened the door of the control room, looking into the hallway outside. A very distraught Princess Annalee stood a few feet away from me, surrounded by Ice Guards.

*Annalee Arystenn*

*Annalee Arystenn*

"Ah, you are Miss Johnson, yes?" One of the Ice Guards asked.

"Yes...is there anything I can do for you?"

"By order of Queen Saralee and Prince Airel of Lessaenes, Princess Annalee is to stay here on this ship for two weeks. The Queen wished me to tell you not to hesitate to let her know if the Princess causes any major problems."

"Hey, does this place get AuraNet?" Annalee asked hopefully the moment the Ice Guards were out of earshot.

"Yes. The access code is jhg76h," I said disinterestedly.

"Good. I can't keep my three million followers on AuraNet+ waiting!"

I sighed with relief as she skipped away, engrossed in her Aurascreen. At least that would keep the brat occupied for a while.