Flowey

Flowey the flower wanted to show everyone the true meaning of fear. Not to gain power or demand respect, but to teach all the monsters of the underground a lesson. Most monsters were far too trusting, and Flowey knew the plain mistake personally from his time being Asriel. At the time, he was compassionate and sympathetic, which eventually became his downfall.

After the Great War between species had ended, there was horrendous chaos for both sides.

The humans' treasured home had been transformed into a battlefield, leaving a land of former civilization a pile of rubble. The monsters, driven away from their longstanding villages were forced into an unknown world. No bright sky nor sun to shine down unto the trapped monsters. Starting everything from scratch in a desolate and dry underground was utter hell.
Asriel was fortunately not alive at the time, but all the overlooked facts of the history books could be revealed by his parents, King Asgore and Queen Toriel.
Although he loved his parents so much, they had betrayed him in an unforgivable way. They couldn't make their son feel again.

After Chara betrayed him and he was bound to a flower's being (thanks to Alphys), his parents weren't able to bring back the love and care he had once embodied.

Despite the lack of emotion, he couldn't bear to stay with his former family and put them through further suffering. They would eventually realize the barrier between them and their son. They would never have their son back again. Waiting for them to face the facts would have taken far too long, and Flowey knew he would be less mentally connected with this earth if he stayed. So he disappeared to the place of his rebirth as the creature everyone knows him as.

___________________________
A/N:
Hello there! If you've reached this far that means you read my chapter (or simply skipped to the bottom. Whatever works).
Assuming you did read my chapter, I thank you!
I haven't done any author notes before, but I realized that I probably seem unapproachable otherwise. Whoops. Either way, the title of this story may change. I kind of threw something together last minute to be honest. (*nervous laughter*)
Strange gaps in time during this chapter shall be answered in the future. Don't worry.
Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy!