Wicked Betrayal

He had attempted to stay away at first. Away from any civilization. Away from any sign of life at all. He honestly had tried the best he could, yet somehow, someone would keep finding him.

It started as small monsters. The ones that had run stray from their parents, along with the creatures that had no homes in particular.

He remembered the first encounter he'd had since running away. He was extremely tentative, and shockingly nervous. The little flower was concerned more for the other's sake; of what he could possibly do to them.

"How's it going?" Froggit had asked causally. Not a concern in the world.

Flowey was silent at first.

"H-howdy."

They were both quiet. Flowey specifically remembered the silence. It bothered him; made his petals crawl.

By leaving everyone behind, he thought he'd wanted the silence that came with solitude, but soon realized solitude wasn't for him. The harsh quiet would quickly drive him insane and eat him from within his mind. His soul was already gone. He knew he wouldn't last much longer with the sane thoughts he luckily still retained.

Froggit didn't seem to know why it was there. It stared into the distance, possibly dreaming of a better life.

"H-hey. Don't you know how things work around here? You talk to people you approach."

Froggit turned toward the irritated flower, but the distant gaze in their eyes remained. This enraged Flowey, and he wanted to show the creature the true meaning of their ignorant stupidity.

"Hey you. Wanna play a game?" He asked in a pretentiously false voice. Froggit blinked a few times.

"You just have to get the friendliness pellets!"

The monster seemed reluctant to participate. It appeared to be an invitation to a fight.

"Ready? Catch as many as you can!"

Froggit hopped to and fro, but as soon as his body collided with a white speck he fell back. He shivered in slight fear. The weak enemy was already at 1 HP.
Before Flowey could do anymore damage, Froggit had fled.

Flowey felt more hollow than he had before. Something had come over him again. It made him want to kill. It made him want to destroy anything living before him. By letting it escape, he felt like he was letting loose ends run free. Flowey was tempted to chase Froggit and hunt it down, but he restrained himself.

He knew this wasn't him. He wanted to blame his behavior on Chara, but it didn't seem realistic. She was dead, wasn't she? Monsters always said they sometimes felt the presence of those who had left them. That could be what he was feeling, rather than an actual entity commanding him to kill.
He decided he preferred his slow decent into madness alone rather than feeling the regret after hurting someone.

Exactly the same regret he was feeling now.

Yet, there had been plenty of times after then that he went against his original desire. Time after time, monsters would wander to the place he hid. Each time, Flowey would attack them against his better judgement, but allow them to flee in the end.

Soon he realized that he was okay with whatever was compelling him to do it. The monsters thought they could come up to him and leave unharmed. They subconsciously trusted him despite not knowing his identity. He was teaching them a lesson. They were all still alive, but would think twice before approaching a mysterious character.
Flowey admitted to himself one day, that he had learned to enjoy himself in doing this. Watching their expression turn to horror or shock once the betrayal became evident, he was feeling an emotion he hadn't for a long time. He was happy. Flowey felt his non-existent heart squeeze in glee. Then he suddenly became disgusted with himself. This wasn't what he had wanted.

But desires change...

The thought burrowed it's way into Flowey's mind and became engraved.
His intentions were good, as he was trying to improve the monsters of the underground. By breaking their trust now, they wouldn't be making the fatal mistake later on. Flowey had met some people in his past life whom he hoped no one else ever met with. Some monsters wouldn't give a second glance in the direction of their victim's corpses.

Other than the monsters of the underground, he also encountered the ones called humans.

The very first child who fell from the eternally gaping hole above him was a little girl with a faded ribbon. Her clothes were a light blue. She radiated an aura with a similar color. Flowey had begun to see each living thing surrounded by color. His newly formed body had the capabilities to identify souls.

For some reason, the human's appearance in general angered Flowey more than anything. This little girl came from the same place as Chara. If anyone, she would be the one to hurt others. Just like Chara, she must be bound to destroy the monsters one by one.

She needs to learn her lesson like all the others.

He introduced himself the way he had gotten used to.

"Howdy! I'm FLOWEY! FLOWEY the FLOWER!"

It really hadn't been that long since switching bodies and gaining a new mentality, but he felt comfortable with that title. Although he wasn't the best at coming up with names, Flowey seemed fitting.

The young child smiled sweetly. Flowey was looking forward to ruining that smile. He wanted to see it shrivel to a look of horror. It would mean his success.

"Golly, you must be so confused! Someone ought to teach you how things work around here. I guess little old me will have to do. Ready?"

He explained the idea of his "friendliness pellet" sham. Beginning his attack, like a fool, she ran directly into the bullets.

"YOU IDIOT!" Flowey laughed.

Her smile disappeared like he had wanted, but it was replaced with a fierce glare.

"In this world, it's killed or be killed."
She stepped back, raising a defensive position.

"You won't last in the Underground with how trusting you are. DIE."

Flowey slowly moved his unavoidable attack inwards, and a flicker of fear crossed the girl's face.

She thought she could dodge the attack before it was too late, so she jumped through a small gap between bullets. Screaming, she fell to the ground, out of the way of the demonic circle.

Flowey was shocked. He never planned on actually hurting her with that particular attack. It could have killed her. He just wanted to scare her to be cautious.

The girl raised her head, and a deep wound was cut down her face. It was sure to become a horrible scar.

The flower felt so small. Felt so horrible, because he didn't feel anything. This wasn't supposed to happen! He thought those words far too often.

He made no effort to stop her as she stumbled past.