content

!!warning!! - the end of this chapter contains a car accident and mention of death pls do not read past this symbol: // if those things may trigger u in any way! stay safe kids~

On the morning of the first day of the new year, no one knew what had happened between Phil and I besides us.

I was enormously thankful that neither of us had been drunk when we kissed. I'd dealt with alcohol induced memory loss multiple times in my life and forgetting the wonderful exchange we'd had would have been terrible.

The moral of the story is that once we'd sat in that closet for around an hour it was a mutual decision to stand up and make it home without being spotted, considering the fact that everyone would immediately bombard us with questions of suspicion of what had happened during "seven minutes in heaven". It had been easy, however, with our dark clothing, to slip out the back door without anyone who had been a part of the game seeing us, and luckily our coats had just happened to be inside the closet we were in.

Something had shifted in the atmosphere of our relationship. I held his hand without blushing and every time our eyes met I didn't feel bashful.

I felt content.

When Phil had woken on the morning of january first, back at home, I heard him shuffle around upstairs before coming down to find me, making breakfast.

"I'm making eggs and pancakes," I informed him as he smiled tiredly and looked at me with those sparkling eyes through his glasses, walking over to stand beside me. "I woke up early because I couldn't sleep."

"Any particular reason?" He asked.

I shrugged turning around and forgetting about the food behind me. "Thinking about you too much," I admitted.

Phil leaned forward and unexpectedly pecked me on the lips, the surprise waking me up as my heart seemed to skip a beat, all the air leaving my lungs and if this happened every time he kissed me then damn I could get used to this.

"What are we now?" He questioned quietly, face inches from mine as his arms snaked around my back to pull me closer. "I can kiss you now, and I can hold you like this now," He continued, the concern in his voice not matching the giddy expression on his face. "Our bracelets must be a lie, because we clearly aren't friends anymore."

I rolled my eyes. "There's a reason for the quote, 'In love with my best friend'. Maybe best friend and boyfriend don't have to exist on separate sides of the spectrum."

He lifted his eyebrows, "Boyfriend? I could get used to that." I scoffed but with a smile on my face. "I haven't told you before," He began suddenly, "I'm pan, not gay."

"Oh, cool," I responded, "I'm bi." What a nice way to come out to someone, after you start dating them. "Glad to know you aren't straight," I teased.

"What?" Phil replied, dramatically shocked, "That term is impossible when you exist."

I shoved him away from me, turning back towards the stove before he could notice the way my cheeks were burning. I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face; it was as if it had been permanently placed there for the last twelve hours.

"When's your brother coming back?" He spoke up from where I guessed he'd sat down by the counter, awaiting the food I was going to bring him like the housewife I was.

"I don't know," I admitted, flipping a pancake. "I haven't checked my phone in forever. Imagine how many texts I have from Tyler and everyone else asking about what happened now that they are most likely sober enough to think about last night's events."

I heard him sigh. "True, true; I think I'm going to check anyway." After a few moments of silence and me successfully piling two plates: one with eggs and one with pancakes, I turned around to walk over, finding him staring wide-eyed at the screen of his phone.