It's Funny How Things Change

It's the next day and you just woke up. Yesterday after Rigby got off of your back, you guys went back to the Coffee Shop. When you guys got back ,now with Thomas accompanying you, you talked a little more with Eileen. You guys exchanged numbers and actually planned to hang out sometime during the week. You guys got back to the house,leaving Thomas behind because he had stuff to do.  Now you are just waking up and you go downstairs to get a bowl of cereal. As you were eating your cereal Thomas walked in.

"Oh hey Thomas, What's up?" you asked.

"Nothing much, just running some snack errands for Muscle Man. He makes me do it since I'm an intern," he answered with a bag full of snacks. He opened the fridge and started putting the snacks in it.

"Well that sucks. Want some cereal?" You asked shaking the cereal box.

"Uh, sure why not." He poured the cereal and the milk in the bowl and was just about to start eating when Muscle Man came in.

"Hey Thomas, you got my snacks?" he said.

Uh, yeah. I put them in the fridge," Thomas answered.

"That better not be my cereal you're eating," Muscle Man accused.

"No, its my cereal, Muscle Man," you said picking up the box and showing it to him.

"Well I happen to like this kind of cereal," he claimed and swiped Thomas's bowl from him. He started eating it walking away,laughing. As he walked past you, you tripped him, causing Muscle Man to over-exaggeratedly stumble around, knocking things over, then fall to the ground spilling the cereal all over himself. He ran away wailing like he always does. A moment later you and Thomas started to burst out laughing. As you guys were do so Mordecai walked in.

Mordecai's POV

 Muscle Man had ran out the kitchen covered in something wet, doing that annoying squealing noise he makes. How annoying, what happened?  I walked into the kitchen to see (Y/N) and Thomas laughing about something.

"What's so funny?" I noticed I said that a little agitated. I don't know why but their laughing is annoying me . (Y/N) wiped an imaginary tear away.

"Oh, you had to be there," she said laughing.

"Well it obviously had something to do with Muscle Man for him to be shouting all over the place!" I said.

"Fine," (Y/N) started. "(Y/N) tripped Muscle Man!" Thomas continued. " Hey, he was be an ass!" (Y/N) finished, then they started to laugh. I was kinda of getting tired of their laughing so I cut in.

"Anyway, (Y/N). Can you help me clean the gutters? Rigby won't get up," I lied. I suddenly really wanted to hang out with (Y/N).

"Make him wake up. I got work to do too, " she answered.

"Come on, he's not getting up right now and I want to get it over with." I pleaded.

"Urrrr, fine. But only if you make sure he does my  work for today."

"Done."

God's POV

You were on the lower part of the roof cleaning  the leaves out the gutter. You're throwing them into the bag Mordecai was holding.  You guys didn't know what to talk about so you guys played would you rather.

"Would you rather.... lick Rigby's foot or lick a toilet seat?" you asked.

"Is that even a question? Obviously the toilet seat." Mordecai answered.

"Ew, nasty," you yelled.

"Hey, I'm 100% positive a toilet seat is cleaner than any part of Rigby."

"Haha, true." you had thrown the last pile down and under that pile was a ring. You picked it up. It had a big topaz on it was engraved 'de chance'.

"Oooh pretty," you said slipping the ring on your finger checking if it fit. It did so you kept it on.

"Were done!" You yelled down coming down the ladder. As you were climbing down, you felt something push you off the ladder and you began to fall.

"AHHH!!" 

"(Y/N)!" Mordecai yelled and ran to catch you. He made it in time and you were in his arms. You blushed a little, partially from almost dying, and partially because of Mordecai. His blue eyes had a worried expression in them that made you blush. You thought it was kinda cute actually. He still hadn't put you down yet when Rigby walked out.

"What are you guys doing?!"

Rigby's POV

I was looking for Mordecai, usually he wakes me up and forces me to do chores and whatever. Then I heard (Y/N) scream. I walked out the house to see (Y/N) in Mordecai's arms. 

  "What are you guys doing?!" I screamed. (Y/N) quickly jumped out of Mordecai's arms.

"Dude, it's not what it lo--" Mordecai starts. That's not what I'm talking about though so I cut him off.

"I don't care about that! Why was she working on the gutters with you? You didn't even wake me up!" I said.

"You said he wouldn't wake up," (Y/N) said to Mordecai.

"Uh, he must had forgotten I tried waking you up dude," Mordecai said. Then for some reason, maybe something caught (Y/N)'s eye, she started walking away towards something. I was about to follow but I wanted to talk to Mordecai.

" What's all this about?" I asked.

"I don't know dude, I just wanted to hang out with her a little more, ya know?" Mordecai said.

"Do you like her or something?" 

"I don't know. Maybe, I think I do," Mordecai said with his hand supporting his chin.

"Don't worry bro, I got your back." I reassured Mordecai.

"Thanks Rigby."

We started walking in the direction (Y/N) went.

"Oh by the way, you have to do (Y/N)'s chores today."

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled.

"Oh, uh Rigby?" Mordecai started.

"What now?"

"Do you like (Y/N)?" Mordecai asked shyly.

"What?! No way, you can have her," I said.

It's true I didn't like her more then a friend at that moment, but shortly after that changed. It's funny how that happens.

It's funny how things change.