A Guy Like You

It was two days later and you noticed that Mordecai and Rigby were acting strange. They weren't acting like best friends. The day was quiet and the tensions were high in the house. 'I wonder what's up with them,' you thought walking through the house. Rigby was laying in his bed. He was facing the wall with the blanket over him. You assumed he was sleeping even though it was the middle of the day.

Mordecai was playing video games downstairs. He didn't seem very enthusiastic about it either. He was easily beating the levels like they were nothing, in fact you're pretty sure you've seen him play those levels. You sigh. Something obviously happened a few days ago. Whatever, no time to think about it now. You were hanging out with Eileen and (B/F/N) tonight. You guys were celebrating you moving out of (B/F/N)'s apartment. You said it wasn't necessary but she insisted since now you have friends or whatever. You got dressed and walked past Mordecai.

"Hey (Y/N), uh where you going?" Mordecai asked pausing his game to look at you.

"Oh um, just going out. I'll be back around 11, promise," you said walking out the house. Then you remember you wanted to ask him something so you opened the door and poked your head through.

"Um, Mordecai?"

"Yeah?"

"Is everything alright? With you and Rigby I mean," you asked. Mordecai shifted his eyes away from you.

"Yeah, uh totally."

"Oh, kay..."

You left. Mordecai started to think about a few days ago.

~~few days ago~~

Mordecai's POV

I had just gotten done with some work Benson had me do suddenly. (Y/N) and Rigby had went so Rigby can do some raking I think. I was outside walking towards where they went to meet up with them. However moments later CJ came biking and stopped in front of me.

"Hey Mordo, what's up?" She said. We broke up but after a while of awkwardness we became friends, though we don't talk often.

"Hey CJ. Just going to meet up with Rigby and this new co-worker," I said.

"Oh (Y/N)! I just met her," CJ started. She leaned in closer as if she was going to tell me a secret. "Between you and me, I think Rigby has a crush on her."

"What?! No way, and I'm pretty sure she's not his type," I said chuckling nervously.

"Well, whatever it is, they sure are cute together ha. Later!" She biked off. She can't be serious. Just then I could see Rigby and (Y/N) in the distance talking to each other. Rigby seemed overly invested in what (Y/N) was saying. Pfft, as if Rigby listened to anyone.

Rigby's POV

"And that's when (B/F/N) kicked him in the balls and ran!" (Y/N) said. We both started to laugh like crazy at the ending of her story.

"Oh look, Mordecai's coming this way," She said pointing his direction. I don't know why, but I kinda feel guilty. No. I'm not doing anything wrong! "Hey Mordecai!" She waved.

"Hey guys. What took you so long? Ha ha," Mordecai said. He was obviously suspicious.

"Nothing, just chillin', " (Y/N) shrugged. "And I had to help Rigby rake because he was being lazy."

"When is he not, am I right?" Mordecai said, causing them to laugh.

"Hmph." It's not that funny. "Hey Mordecai, we just ran into CJ not too long ago," I stated.

"Yeah, she just biked passed here," Mordecai replied.

"Was it awkward? Ya know you'd think since you two used to date and all."

"YOU GUYS USED TO DATE?!" (Y/N) interfered. Mordecai started to blush.

"I-it was a long time ago," Mordecai responded looking away.

"Eh, 6 months ago isn't really considered a long time." I said.

"Well it's not when you compare it to how long you've been single." Mordecai fired back.

"Oh yeah, CJ wasn't the first, we can't forget Margaret."

"Margaret?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Oh, Margaret is just Mordecai's gf before CJ, he was OBSESSED with her. She's the whole reason CJ and him broke up in the first place."

Mordecai opened his mouth to say something but was interupted.

HONK HONK

An old, blue hippie van with a really worn out paint job came towards us and stopped in front of us. The person rolled down the window.

"What up nerds?" The chick said. Me and Mordecai had confused looks on our faces.

"Hey (B/F/N)," (Y/N) said.

"Oh this is (B/F/N)," I said considering she was just talking about her.

"Yep, and this is Mordecai and Rigby," (Y/N) said gesturing to us.

"Sup guys, cool names," she greeted. "Anyways, I came by since I haven't actually stopped by yet. We should go out sometime to celebrate you moving out."

"Isn't it a little late? It been like 2 weeks or something," (Y/N) said.

"Oh come on it'll be fun!"

"Well I am hanging out with Eileen in a few days."

"Perfect, I'll come along."

"We're going to an aquarium."

"Ew lame. I'll come after that."

They walked off a little bit to discuss their plans. Her friend had her back facing me and Mordecai, and (Y/N) was in front of her. I was subconsciously staring at (Y/N) when she saw and gave me a friendly smile that made me blush. Then Mordecai punched me.

"What the hell was that?!" Mordecai yelled.

"What?" I said rubbing my arm.

"Why would you bring up CJ and Margaret in front of (Y/N)?! You said you didn't even like her I asked you this today!"

"And....I don't. You can still have her like I said." I did say I didn't like her. Just pretend you don't for Mordecai's sake, Rigby.

"Good. (Y/N) wouldn't go for a guy like you anyway," Mordecai said.

"A guy like me? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Face it, you're lazy and all you do is annoy her which ends in you to fighting. Why would she go out with a guy as irritating as you?"

"Well guess what a-hole, I do like her and I can assure you that she will pick me over you!"

Your POV

"What are they yelling about?" (B/F/N) asked while we looked at them.

"Who knows. They do that a lot."