His Eyes Make My Heart Go Soft

"U-uh," Rigby looked a little panicked at me, as he should. I'm getting a little tired of being use as a pawn in his little schemes, especially when I am not TOLD ahead of time.

"Rigby, why are we here? Why do I have to pretend to be your girlfriend? We need to get back to the park. I didn't even get the chance to ask for vacation days!"

"It's fine, sweetness," Rigby said sliding his arm over my shoulder. I'll admit I blushed a bit when he called me sweetness but...

"D-don't call me that!" I swatted his arm off from me and made space between us.

"Okay, look (Y/N)," he began. "Benson was griping me about how I never do work and took away all my vacation time! Totally messed up-"

"Yeah except you don't do work so it makes a lot of sense actually," I rebuttal.

" Hey! A man's PTO is sacred!"

"Oh, so you're a man now?" I tease. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Oh, you wouldn't know," He winked at me. Wait, what are we talking about? I turned breaking eye contact.

"S-so why are we here again?" I motioned to the festive cruise scene.

" I saw this ad on the computer for this cruise! All expense-paid week long vacation for couples. And the best part is if you win tickets here they guarantee vacation days. They negotiate with your boss and even hire someone to cover for you!"

"Oh, okay I think I'm understanding. So since Benson said you can't have vacation days, you decided to stick it to him by finding a way to get a vacation anyway, despite the fact that you had zero plans of taking a vacation in the first place! And because being a part of a couple is the bare minimum qualifications you have to have in order to be here you dragged me here as you fake girlfriend!?"

"...yes exactly you catch on very quickly."

"RIGBY."

"Whaaaat?"

"I don't wanna be apart of this!" I turned to walk off but came around to cut me off.

"Oh c'mon, is this place really that bad? Or is it you just don't wanna be here with me!?"

"I am not comfortable lying to be here, Rigby!"

Rigby paused for a moment, then turned around to look at the water. The sun was setting and the sky was turning gold.

" Well then," He started. "How about we not lie?"

"W-what do you mean?" Rigby came over and grabbed my hand. He never looked me in the eye, only at the hand he was holding.

"L-look, maybe you're not into me in that way and maybe you'd much rather be here with someone else-"

"Rigby I-"

"But maybe, just this week -you can break up with me after but- just for this week..." He was still looking down at my hand. This was a part of Rigby I hadn't seen before. He wants something so bad. Is it this trip or is it..? No (Y/N) don't be stupid.

I took my other hand and lifted his head to look at me. His eyes were wide and I noticed his eyelashes again. I hadn't noticed his eyelashes in a while. They're so long and dark and beautiful. His eyes make my heart go almost... soft. I took in a big breath and let it out.

"Okay Rigby," I held his hand in return. "To this week." And I kissed him on the cheek.