Just Gonna Wing It

Your POV

The ride to the concert was pretty quiet. It was clear that there was some type of tension.

"So how do you guys know each other, again?" I asked. Mordecai looked a bit nervous. However, he decided he would try to answer such an oh so difficult question.

"Uh, well we were... I had...she was..." Mordecai stammered.

"We have a history." Margaret said bluntly.

"History?" Margaret's boyfriend questioned. Oops. Probably shoulda kept quiet. Wait, I think Rigby mentioned Mordecai dating Margaret. I leaned over to Mordecai who was sitting next to me in the back seat.

"Is this the girl you were obsessed with?" I whispered to him. He quickly moved away in surprise.

"I wasn't obsessed with her!" He said embarrassed.

"Well there was a reason I was whispering!"

....

"Not obsessed? That's not how I remember it." Margaret said.

"Is there something I should know?"Margaret's boyfriend asked.

"Uh, yeah. That we're here!" Margaret diverted. I whimsically looked out the wind at the arena.

"Ah, every concert feels like my first." I dreamily said. I looked at Mordecai who was already looking at me. Our eyes locked for a couple seconds so I decided to say something to get the mood on.

Mordecai's POV

"Wat you lookin' at, punk?" (Y/N) said in a gravelly voice, attempting to make it sound deep. I laughed then we started walking to the line.

I was looking around thinking of a plan to make tonight work. Okay, I have to make sure not to give (Y/N) the impression that I have anymore feels towards Margaret. I should probably keep them at a distance with each other. So nothing super embarrassing comes to light. I should also-

"Mordecai! Are you excited!" (Y/N) exclaimed. She was speaking loudly in order to over-talk the crowd around us.

"Over course!" I said with a closed-eye smile. (Y/N) then punched my arm. "Ow!"

"Then act like it! You don't seem very enthusiastic about seeing MT!"

"No, I am!"

"I'm starting to think I shoulda brought Rigby!" (Y/N) teased.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. Just then (Y/N) got a text.

"It's Rigby!" She then opened her phone to look at the message. Curious, I looked at her phone over her shoulder as she typed her password. While typing I noticed... her screensaver.

"WHAT IS THAT SCREENSAVER!?" I screamed in horror. She quickly turned off her phone.

"Nothinggggg?" She claimed, obviously trying to hold in her giggles. It was such a horrible photo! It looked like she took it while I was mid-talking and mid-chewing food.

"Delete it!!"

"But it's cute."

"We both know it's not!" Quickly I snatched the phone out of her hand.

"You son of a-- Give me my phone!"

"Delete it."

"You can't make me!" She stuck her tongue out at me like some kid.

"Oh, how mature."

"Says the one who took my phone and is making me chase him for it! What are we, middle schoolers?" She pointed out as she tried to get her phone back. "You have left me no choice..."

"Wha-"

Just then she had wrapped her arms tight around my waist and made her legs numb, creating an anchor around me.

"Get off of meee!" I protested, trying to shake her off.

"NEVER!"

To get her off me I picked her up from under her arms with her phone still in my hand. She really did look like a kid when I did that. She made a kind of a shocked face at me.

"U-uh," I blushed. I should probably put her down. As I was putting her down, she wrapped her arms around my neck. We were looking into each others eyes for a few seconds, which is pretty much an eternity when looking into someone's eyes.

What does she want me to do? I've heard people say that you can tell when a girl wants you to kiss them. Just by the way they look at you. At that moment... I was just gonna wing it.

I leaned in slowly towards her face to kiss her but...

"Hey (Y/N)!" Margaret called to her. "Jackson just told me that he doesn't know any Mystical Tadpole songs! Can you show him some?"

(Y/N) casually turned around like nothing had happened.

"Sure!" (Y/N) yelled back. She took the phone out of my hand and walked over to Margaret and Jackson without saying anything. I sighed.

Margaret's POV

"I'm so glad everything worked out. Now I get to spend the night with you," Jackson smiled with his arm around me. Jackson was a pretty attractive guy. He was slim and had dark, messy hair. He was wearing a red shirt, leather jacket and had aviators hanging from his shirt.

"Totally! I can't wait to hear Swords! Definitely my favorite song! What are you hoping to hear?" I asked.

"Hm, I don't really know much Mystical Tadpole," Jackson confessed.

"No way, not any? Why are you here then?" I teased.

"To spend time with you!" He answered. Jackson wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. Jackson gave really nice hugs. While we embraced I saw Mordecai and (Y/N)... about to kiss? My stomach got knotted. I quickly broke the hug with Jackson.

"Well, we cant have you watch the concert without knowing any MT! Hey (Y/N)!" I called.

She looked over at me, breaking away from Mordecai. I asked her to show Jackson some songs and she nonchalantly accepted. She doesn't seem to mind at all. Were they really even about to kiss?? Ugh, I'm horrible. With Jackson occupied with (Y/N) I decided to walk over to Mordecai.

"Hello, Mordecai," I greeted. Wow, what a conversation starter, Margaret.

"Hi, Margaret." He replied simply.

"Still timid as ever I see," I smiled.

"Well, I wasn't planning on changing anytime soon." He politely smiled back.

"So you guys are pretty close, huh?" I asked looking at (Y/N). He looked at her too.

"Yeah," he said. As we were looking at her and Jackson, they started laughing about something. Whatever they're  laughing about must be pretty funny. I looked over at Mordecai and saw him frown and lower his eyes. I know he's always been easily jealous, however he continued what he was saying. "It feels like we've known each other forever. I know it sounds cliche but-"

"You're a hopeless romantic," I cut in. "But don't worry, it can be pretty charming." I nudged him.

"Heh," he slightly laughed. We suddenly realised we were touching shoulders. He quickly moved away from me.

"Uh, we should get our tickets, we're almost at the gate." Mordecai suggested. He then quickened his pace to catch up to (Y/N), leaving me behind. I sighed.

Yep. I'm horrible.  

~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed, tell me your thoughts. Regular Show may have ended but I'm still here.♡♡