|three|

The next morning was hard for me to get out of bed. I was upset knowing that today was the first day of the winter solstice and I knew that soon the ground would be covered in ice and snow. 

Eventually I found the strength to roll out of bed and get dressed. I decided on a long white dress. The sleeves were long, they went passed my finger tips and pointed to the ground. The neck line was low but also modest and it flowed all the way down to the ground.

I called in my favorite handmaiden, Lola, to do my hair. She braided it and then wrapped the braid loosely around my head and left a few curled strands to fall down in front of my ears.
"You look beautiful Miss." She hummed.
"Thank you Lola." I sat up from my vanity and headed down stairs to get breakfast.   

I entered the dinning room to see my mother and father in their usual seats eating breakfast. Anakin too was already almost finished with his plate. 
"I see I'm late." I said causing them to look in my direction.
"No, we just woke up early my dear." my mother said lightly. Her voice was sweet like a melody and I loved hearing her sing all the time. 

I headed to the seat right next to Anakin and sat down. Another handmaiden rushed in and placed a plate full of food in front of me. I immediately dug in and stuffed my mouth full. 

-

After I finished my plate I handed it to the handmaiden and wiped my face. 
"I'm going to head out today." I informed my parents. 
"What do you plan on doing?" my father asked.
"I don't know, just enjoy the weather before it starts to get cold." I said. 

"Well why don't you take Anakin out with you." mother suggested. I scrunched my nose and shook my head. 
"I'd rather go out alone." I said. I heard Anakin clear his throat. 
"I'm sorry Milady but you can't be alone until the assassin is caught." Anakin looked at me. 
"Please, I promise I'll be fine. Just for a few minutes." I begged. I just wanted a minute alone. 

"Let Anakin do his job sweetheart." my mother butted in. 
"Come on, it's not like an assassin would make an attempt in the broad daylight." I slammed my hands onto the table. 
"We don't know that Milady." Anakin said. I snapped my head towards him. 
"I can't believe this." I groaned and stood up from my seat, pushing the chair backwards. 

I rushed out the door and into the sunlight. It felt warm on my skin, I'd miss the feeling of being warm for the next few months. I ran down the cobblestone path and then into the meadow.

"Milady." I heard from behind me. I groaned and turned around.
"Can't I just have a moment of peace?" I asked.
"I'm sorry but my job is to protect you which means I can't let you leave my sight." He folded his hands behind his back.
"All I want is to be alone." I whined before plopping down onto the ground.

I could feel Anakins presence next to me but I didn't look over.
"Why is that Milady?" He asked.
"I grew up being constantly watched over and protected. If I even scratched myself my parents would freak out and make a guard to watch me for the rest of the day." I spoke softly.
"That means they care about you."

"I know but I feel like I'm being smothered. All I've ever wanted was to get away, even for a little." I looked down at my hands and frowned.
"I have an idea." Anakin said. I looked at him to see a smirk playing on his lips.
"And what might that be Mr. Skywalker?" I laughed.
"Your mother told me about this cave and how you like to go there often. How about you show me this cave and I'll let you have some time to yourself." He said.

I nodded and quickly got up. I turned to see him still sitting on the ground holding his hand out for me to help him up. I playfully rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand.

"It's not too far from here." I said to him.

I lead him to a small mountain by the lake. Most people didn't know this was here mostly because it was hidden by a bunch of trees. I found it when I was a little girl and ever since then I came here often.

It was a fairly small cave, but big enough for a few people to walk in. I stood at the entrance and turned back to Anakin. 
"You coming?" I smirked. 

I walked into the dark cave. The further I walked in the louder the water became. It soothed me no matter how loud it was. Soon the tight walkway opened up to a huge, almost empty room.

A small body of water rested inside the heart of the cave. The water was mesmerizing, almost magical.  The water shined on the top of the cave and somehow the water seemed to be lit up. I sat down on the rocks and stared at the water. 

"Wow...this is amazing." Anakin breathed. I chuckled and patted the spot next to me. He gladly sat down and tucked his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. 
"Now I see why you come here often." he said breathlessly. His voice echoed against the walls and bounced back to me. 
"Truly beautiful isn't it?" 

"I've never seen anything like this." 

-

super boring chapter I know but it's just a filler and I didn't want to jump right into the story and the relationship between Corinna and Anakin so I'm going to slowly build their relationship so stay with me.