|thirty-six|

I CAN'T W/ THE PIC ATTACHED TO THIS CHAPTER OMFG

The ship touched down on the hot, sandy planet of Tatooine. With the help of Padmé, I got out of the seat and walked down the ramp. I placed my foot on the hot sand and looked into the sky. Anakin and Obi-wan got off the ship shortly after Padmé and I.

"I really don't want to be back here." I said with a short groan.

"I know you don't but right now it's the safest place." Anakin said. I sighed and walked down to the nearest city. I was confused but I guess that's what happens when you're out for a few days.

"So what are we doing here?" I asked Anakin.

"You and Padmé have to lay low for awhile. I thought Tatooine would be the perfect place to do that." he said. I looked at the sand crunching under my feet. A sudden question popped into my head and I immediately asked it.

"Wait, why do I have to lay low? My father is dead." I said quickly. Anakin pressed his lips together also looked down at the sand.

"The bounty hunter seems to not only be after Padmé, but you too." he said with a long sigh. Could I not just catch a break?

"Why does the hunter want me dead? I though this was over." I groaned. Anakin grabbed my hand tightly and looked at me.

"I don't know. But I promised you that I would never let anything happen to you." he said. Suddenly the visions of me dying in the future popped into my head. I cringed at the image and tried to shake it off before Anakin noticed my uneasiness. He stopped in his place and wrapped his large hand around my wrist, stopping me too.

I turned to face him and pressed my lips together in a tight line.

"Are you okay?" he said. I tried not to sigh to show my frustration.

"Of course. Why would you ask?" I lied.

"I could sense your uneasiness." he said. I really did hate that Jedi trick. I nodded my head again and held onto my side, trying to convince him that it was just my wound that hurt.

"Just some slight pain." I lied again.

I knew he did buy it from the look on his face but he didn't want to argue. We both continued to walk down the sandy hill towards a town.

-

Creatures of all kinds crowded the streets. There were stores and businesses all around selling different kinds of parts and food. I studied everything these creatures were selling. They gave me dirty looks as if I was going to steal something. I placed my hands firmly at my sides for the rest of the way.

"Where are we going?" I asked Anakin, noticing that we were reaching the outskirts of the town.

"We're staying at my step fathers sand hut." he said quickly, not looking down at me. I pressed my lips into a firm line and said nothing more until we reached a small hill looking thing. There were steps leading down to a door. This must have been what a sand hut looked like.

Suddenly, a man a few years older than Anakin, walked out of the hut with a women at his side. At first, the man looked shocked to see Anakin but then a smile appeared.

"Anakin! What brings you here?" he said quickly as we approached.

"I have come to ask you for a favor." Anakin said, turning to look at me and Padmé.

The man and women noticed Padme and I standing behind Anakin. They gave us a slight smile before looking back at Anakin.

"This is Owen Lars, my step brother. And his girlfriend Beru." Anakin said. I smiled at them and stuck my hand out for a proper handshake.

"I'm Corinna." I said. They turned to Padmé and smiled.

"It's good to see you again Padmé." Beru said before hugging her. I scrunched my eyebrows together. They had met before which meant Anakin must have taken Padmé here once before.

"It's wonderful to see you again too." Padmé said while pulling away from Beru. I looked at Anakin with my growing frown.

"So Anakin, what can I do for you?" Owen asked.

"I was wondering if Padmé and Corinna can stay here. There is a dangerous threat after them." Anakin said. Owen didn't say anything. His lips were pressed together in a firm line, thinking about whether or not to let us stay here. It would be dangerous if the threat found out where we were.

"Of course. Anything for you Anakin." Owen said finally. Anakin muttered a 'thank you' towards Owen.

Obi-wan, Beru, Owen and Padmé walked back into the sand hut as it began getting late. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Anakin.

"Come on Corinna, let's go inside." he said, walking towards me.

"Padmé has met your family before. Hasn't she?" I said in a low voice. Anakin frowned and looked at me in the eyes.

"Yes, only once. When I was still a Padawan." Anakin said.

"You two were more than just friends." I said bluntly.

"Once. But I told you, that was years ago. I don't have those feelings for her anymore." he said. I gave him a fake smile and a slight nod.

"I get it Ani, I'm not upset." I lied. I was only jealous, it would pass with time. I trusted Anakin. He embraced me and pulled me close to his warm body. I took a moment to enjoy the feeling on him this close to me.

"You two should come inside, it's getting late." I pulled away from Anakin and saw Owen stepping out of the sand hut. I smiled and quickly went inside the small hut as the two suns went down.

-

sorry for such a long wait. I know this chapter kind of sucks but I'm stuck again. I have some idea of what I want to happen but I don't know, I'm still thinking.

but thanks so much for over 5K reads! and like 500+ votes. That's crazy!