|twenty-four|

The sun slowly rose up the next morning. I yawned and opened my eyes. I was still sitting on the chair and so was Anakin. My head was resting on his shoulder and his head was leaning on the back of the chair. He was still sound asleep whereas Paxton was just now waking up. I smiled at him as he yawned. 

"Want some breakfast?" I asked him. Paxton nodded his head quickly and hopped off the chair. I got up and rushed to the kitchen. All the staff had run off after the initial attack so it was officially just the three of us. I looked at all the food I had left and thought was something to make. 

I made some toast and a scrambled some eggs since that was all I had. I placed the plate in front of Paxton. He stared at the food with big eyes and immediately started eating. I chuckled and walked out of the dining room, nearly running into Anakin. He had small bags under his eyes and he had a tired look on his face. 

"Morning." I muttered. He smiled and murmured a 'morning' to me. 

"When is Obi-wan arriving?" I asked. 

"Sometime today. So, when do you become the Queen officially?" he asked, changing the subject. 

I chuckled and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I'm meeting with the council today to discuss my roles as Queen and what my first official duty as Queen will be. It's actually quiet complicated." I said in one breath. 

Anakin laughed and kissed me on the forehead. 

-

I sat in the office room of my palace. My parents never allowed me in this room until I was Queen. The high council of Altre sat in the room with me, silence quickly surrounding me. I cleared my throat and smiled. 

"Shall we begin." I asked. The man who was at the head of the high council looked at me, sorrow filled his eyes. 

"After the tragic events of yesterday, we are glad that you are stepping up to take your rightful place." he started. I smiled and folded my hands together across the table. 

"But, your parents had given us a set of rules for you." he cleared his throat and looked away. I scrunched my eyebrows and pressed my lips together. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"When you were born, your father set a rule that you had to marry a Prince in order to take the throne." 

"What?" I nearly shouted. I slammed my hands down on the table and almost jumped out of my seat. 

"You cannot become Queen until you're married." he repeated. 

I gasped and tried to find the words to express what I felt but all that came to mind was a string of horrible words. 

"How am I supposed to find a husband on such short notice?" I shouted. 

"We have arranged you to marry the Prince of Alderaan." 

"No." I said immediately after. 

"He is the fifth in line to rule his planet, so he is gladly willing to take your hand in marriage." I shook my head repeatedly. 

"His name is Ahmet Alde." 

I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat all the way. I was not going to marry a man I didn't know just to take my rightful place as Queen. 

"Is there anyway to overrule this?" I asked. 

The man shook his head and frowned. 

"I am very sorry Princess but this law is set in stone." 

-

"Anakin, can I speak to you?" I asked the minute I saw him. I just then noticed that Anakin was talking to Obi-wan. Anakin looked up at me and nodded his head. 

I looked down at Paxton quickly who was playing a game on the floor. 

Anakin rushed to my side, he must have noticed my distress. I gave him a weak smile and lead him up to my bedroom where it was quiet. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. I took a deep sigh and frowned. 

"I can't become Queen until I'm married." I choked out. Anakin's jaw dropped. Silence filled the room for a moment. 

"I'll marry you." he said quickly. I smiled and shook my head. 

"What?" I said, breathlessly. 

"I love you Corinna." he muttered. 

"You love me?" I was at a loss for words, my heart pounding by now. 

"Of course I do." he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to his body. 

"I love you too." I muttered against his lips. He pushed his lips against mine. 

I quickly pulled away and frowned knowing that I would be ruining our happy moment. Anakin looked at me with worry. 

"You can't marry me." I said sadly. 

"Why not? Because I'm a Jedi?" he started. Before I had a chance to say anything he spoke up again. 

"If so, I don't care. I will leave the Jedi to be with you." he said genuinely. I couldn't believe that he would actually do that for me.

"I have to marry a prince." I said, tears filling my eyes. Anakin frowned and hugged me tightly. I stayed in his arms for what felt like forever. His presence was so comforting I wanted to stay like this for the rest of my life. 

I tilted my head back to look at him and smile. He looked down at me and kissed my lips passionately. His hands moved from my waist to my face and pulled me closer. The kiss became more heated. I couldn't seem to get enough of him. 

He pulled away too soon and stared into my eyes. His beautiful smile turned to an upsetting frown.

"We can't be together anymore." he muttered. My eyes widened.

"What? Why?" I shouted.

"You need to become Queen. In order to do that...you have to marry another man." 

 I suddenly felt my heart begin to break in pieces.

"I won't love him like I love you." I choked out. Anakin looked away from me for a second. 

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do! I don't want anyone else, I just want you." I cried out.

"I'm sorry Princess." he whispered.

I watched in pain as he turned on his heels and walked out of my room. I broke down into tears and stood in the middle of my bedroom. It felt as if everything around me was crumbling down, and the last thing that I cared about was gone. 

-

ANI NO DON'T LEAVE