|forty-two|

I pressed my back against the cold wall. I was too scared to even leave the safety of the dark alley. Padmé tapped on my shoulder, knocking me out of my thoughts. I looked at her, my chest heavy from the running we just did.

"I think we lost her." Padmé said, backing away from the wall. I followed her actions and walked out of the alley into the large crowd.

"Let's find Obi-wan and Anakin." I said.

-

The minute I spotted Anakin, I ran towards him. He stood next to Obi-wan and scanned the crowd, not noticing Padmé and I were approaching until I stood in front of him.

"Annora found us." I say to him. Both of the Jedi look at me with wide eyes.

"What happened?" Anakin asked, placing his hands on my shoulders and checking to make sure I was okay.

"She chased after us but we lost her." I said, out of breath. Anakin tore his eyes away from me and looked around trying to see if he could find Annora. I called his name to bring his attention back towards me.

"We have to find her." I said, out of breath. Obi-wan was looking around while Anakin held me close to him.

"I see her!" Obi-wan nearly shouts before taking off. I looked in the direction I saw him running but didn't see Annora anywhere. Anakin took off after Obi-wan, leaving Padmé and I in the sea of creatures. Before I could do anything else, Padmé wraps her hand around mine and drags me down the street. I move my legs as fast as I can to keep up with Padmé and tried not to trip and fall.

Eventually, we caught up to Obi-wan and Anakin. They were standing near the apartments and looking around dumbfounded.

"We lost her again." Anakin said, his chest heaving up and down. I wrapped my arm around his slowly.

-

All four of us gave up not short after we had lost her for the second time. We made our way up to the apartment to rest since it was late and Padmé and I had grown tired. I walked out of the elevator and turned around to face Obi-wan who said he was going to head to the Jedi Temple to inform the council of Annora's return to Coruscant.

"Thank you Obi-wan, for everything." I told him before engulfing him into a hug.

"I will see you soon your highness." he whispered into my ear before disappearing into the elevator. I turned back around to face Anakin and Padmé.

"I'm going to retire now. I'll see you both tomorrow." she said before entering her room and leaving Anakin and I alone in the living room. I turned to face him and wrapped my slim arms around his torso. I felt his strong arms pull me in closer. His scent filled my nose and I closed my eyes slowly, enjoying this short moment.

"I'll keep watch, get some rest." Anakin muttered into my ear. I pulled away from him and placed a soft kiss on his pink lips. He pulled away from me and I made my way to the other bedroom. As I walked in, I felt an odd feeling in my stomach but I pushed it away, making my way to the bed. I was so tired that I could just collapse. Which I did, onto the comfortable bed.

But before I had the chance to fall asleep, I felt someone wrap their hand around my ankle and drag me off the bed. I fell to the floor with a loud thud, my forehead hitting the hard wooden flooring. A cold hand touched my shoulder and flipped me over onto my back. I opened my eyes to see Annora glaring at me with anger in her eyes.

"You won't get away this time." she growled before climbing on top of me and holding my arms down at my sides. I squirmed under her body but it was no luck.

"Anakin already knows you're in here." I snapped back. Annora smirked before swinging a dagger through her fingers.

"That's why I brought back up." she snarled. And as if on cue, the sound of a lightsaber igniting erupted from the other room. I continued to struggle under Annora's body weight as she brought the dagger up to my neck.

"You traded in your blaster for a dagger?" I questioned, trying to stall a bit so that Anakin would be able to stop Annora.

"I'd rather watch you die slowly." she said through gritted teeth. Annora began pushing the blade intio my skin to draw a little blood. I felt the warm liquid drip down from my neck and onto the wood floors. I then realized that I couldn't rely on everyone to save me, I had to take charge and protect myself.

As I gained confidence and strength, I was able to free my hand and slam my fist into his cheek. I heard her yell out as she tumbled onto the floor next to me. The dagger slipping from her hand and next to my face. I jumped to my feet and reached for the dagger.

"I will kill you!" Annora shouted, tackling me to the ground before I was able to grasp the blade. My back hit the ground hard, knocking the air out of my lungs. Annora gained her composure and balled her hand into a fist. Her other hand was placed on my shoulder, keeping me down as she rammed her fist into my left cheek.

After I took a few hits, I was able to wrap my hands around her small throat. Using my legs, I pushed her off of my fragile body and crawled on top of her. Now I had the upper hand. I slammed my fist into the side of her face repeatedly causing her to holler out in pain.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could she her free hand searching for something. Before I could stop her, she slammed something hard into the side of my head. I fell to the ground in pain, my head throbbing and my chest began to burn. Somehow, I gained my ground and stood to my feet. Annora followed my actions.

In her hand was the sharp dagger. I gulped the lump in my throat as she charged me. I wrapped my hand around her wrist, stopping the dagger from piercing my skin while my other hand formed a fist. I rammed it into her gut and watch her stumble backwards.

Annora charged me not a second later. She swung her hand towards my face as I backed up. But the tip of the blade gazed right under my left eye. I yelped at the sudden pain, the blood trickling down my face. She swung again to try and strike me another time but I stopped her hand again. The impact of my hand to her arm caused her to drop the blade that she was holding loosely in her hand. I brought my leg up to her stomach and kicked her hard.

Annora stumbled a little but quickly gained her balance again. Her lip was cut and swollen and her eye was turning black. Annora leaped towards me again and stuck me in the nose, my head swung back and the blood immediately raced down my face. My eyes pressed shut as I felt a tight grip wrapping around my neck. The air quickly escaping my lungs and causing my chest to burn more. Annora pushed me backwards, my feet struggling to keep me up right.

I suddenly felt a cold brisk on my back causing me to realize she was sticking me against the open window.

"You put up quite the fight." she choked out. I slowly opened my eyes to meet her brown ones. All I saw was a cold darkness, it made a shiver crawl up and down my spine.

"Now I get to see you fall to your death." she growled. I wrapped my hands around her wrists, trying to lessen the pressure of her hands coiled around my neck.

She stuck my head a little further out the window to the point where I could hear the speeders flying by more clearly. A nasty smirk played on her lips knowing that she had won this fight. Her grip around my neck loosened a bit, allowing me to get some air into my lungs. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. My heart began to beat rapidly, scared that this was my last moments.

-

ahhh cliffhanger! I feel like this chapter is actually good and I hoped that you guys liked it too. I'm so sad because school starts back up tomorrow.

thank you guys for 1k votes and so many views!