|forty-nine|

My heart fluttered as Anakin grabbed my hand in his tightly. I missed the feeling of his touch. But as I stood there in front of him, I couldn't help but worry about what we were going to do with the Jedi Council. I knew Anakin wanted to be a Jedi and he had worked so hard, he had given up so much for this. 

"Anakin?" I said, breaking the silence. 

"Yes." he hummed with a smile on his lips. I knew I was going to ruin this perfect moment with my next question. 

"What are we going to do about the Jedi Council?" I asked. His smile faded a little bit as he pulled me closer to him. 

"I have to leave the order." he said lightly. I shook my head rapidly seeing that he was serious about this decision.  

"You can't do that. You've worked to hard to just leave now." I rejected. I know it would be nice to have him around but I couldn't just let him give up on the Jedi Order. A smile formed on his lips again as he placed a kiss on my lips. 

"I no longer have a place in the order. I want to be with you Corinna." he purred once he pulled away from me. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck once more. 

"If this is what you want then I'll support you." I whispered in his ear. He squeezed me a little tighter and held me in his arms longer than before. 

-

A few days had past and we were back on Altre. I laid on the couch and looked out the window at the beautiful planet I called home. I heard the sound of someone walking into the room I was sitting in. I then felt someone sit down next to me and wrap their arm around my shoulder. I turned my head to the side and saw Anakin smiling down at me. 

Slowly, he handed me a white cup filled with my favorite tea. I sipped on it and looked out the door again. 
"It's so beautiful outside." Anakin started. 

"Why are we inside?" he finished. I shrugged my shoulders simply. Anakin took the cup out of my hands which made me upset. 

"Anakin, I wasn't finished with that." I complained. But he ignored me and stood to his feet while taking my hands in his. 
"Let's go outside." he suggested but I quickly shook my head.

"I'm tired." I whined. Anakin smiled down at me before dragging me to my feet and leading me out the door. I didn't bother to fight back since I knew it was pointless. The sun hit me the minute I stepped out of the palace. It wasn't hot out but it was still a bit warm. 

Anakin took my hand and pulled me to the courtyard. 
"Anakin, what are we doing?" I whined, dragging my feet behind me. He only turned around to give me a warm smile. 

"Just wait and you'll see." he hummed. I rolled my eyes playfully. I picked up my feet and stood next to him. I linked our arms and rested my head on his shoulder. The flowers in the courtyard were in full bloom. They released their sweet scents as I walked past. I closed my eyes and let Anakin lead me safely to our destination. 

When I felt Anakin stop, I opened my eyes slowly. Standing in front of us was Padme and Obi-wan and another man I had never met. I looked at Anakin for an explanation. 
"What's going on?" I asked, noticing all of them were looking at me with playful smiles. 

"Corinna..." Anakin said, looking down at me with a flirty smile. Before I could respond he continued to explain.

"Will you marry me today?" he asked. I stepped away from him with my lips parted widely. 

"Wh-What?" I stuttered out, shocked at his sudden question. 

"Will you marry me...right now?" he took my hands in his. His smile never wavered. 

My lips formed into a smile as I nodded my head quickly. 
"Yes Ani." I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck. But I quickly pulled away as my face turned serious. 

"Wait! I can't get married in this." I said, gesturing to my plain beige colored dress. Anakin chuckled and kissed my forehead lightly. 

"You look beautiful just the way you are now." he said which caused my cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. 

"I love you Anakin Skywalker." 

"I love you too Corinna Camarie." 

-

THE END!

This chapter is so short but wow I can't believe this story is finished! I just wanted to thank you all for the votes and kind comments and all of the views. I hoped you guys liked this story as much as I did, it was fun to write. There will not be a sequel but I will post an epilogue to officially wrap things up. 

Also I might be writing another Star Wars story soon, I don't know who it will be about just yet but I have some good ideas for a new story. I am also writing a Steven Rogers story if any of you guys like Captain America, please check it out if you'd like. 

Bye!