8

I'm freaking out.

So it's been 2 weeks since that 'nightmare'. Now what I'm freaking out about is that I'm meeting Wes's family. I don't know what to wear and I feel like I'm going to disappoint them.

"Carson you have to stop freaking out. They'll love you I promise."

"Ugh Wes you don't understand." I said turning around. "Your the first person who has showed me any love. I don't expect you to understand, but I can't help it." I turned back around and held dresses up to my small body.

I stopped on a dress that was black and a low neck line but had lace all over it. The sleeves were all lace so it was see through. It went a little past mid thigh and it was perfect.

I threw the other dresses on the bed next to Wes and went into the bathroom to change. I used the full length mirror and stared at the jagged scar on my stomach.

I remember that day very clear...

"Stand up." He ordered.

I got up looking down and he yanked my arm pulling me out of the cell and up into a room. He let me go after locking the door.

"Take off your clothes." He said.

I shook my head with wide eyes. 

"Take them off right now Carson."

When I didn't he grabbed me and cut off my clothes with a knife. I screamed and after that I stood there with tears running down my cheeks only in my skimpy bra and underwear they made me wear.

"Now lay on the bed."

I didn't want to. So I didn't do it. He growled at me and came at me with his knife. He cut me across my stomach and it was deep. 

I screamed bloody murder and dropped to the ground helpless.

That was the day I was sold and also the day I was raped.....

I shook my head and wiped the tears that fell down from my dead looking eyes. I slipped on the dress not zipping it cause I couldn't, and brushed my hair and did my make up.

I walked out and Wes's jaw dropped and then he smiles. "You look beautiful Carson."

I gave him a big smile and walked up to him and gave him a hug. "Thank you Wes." He kissed the top of my head and we walked down the stairs hand in hand.

He led me to the living room where his family was. They all stopped stalking and laughing and stared at me. 

I looked down and waited for the comments. But Wes stood in front of them and lifted my head by my chin. 

"Stop doing that Carson." I looked behind him and seen at least two with a raised eyebrow. I could see their judge full looks. 

It's like all the criticism was happening again. I looked up at Wes and shook my head. I was going crazy. I know they haven't even said anything but I wasn't ready for this. "I can't Wes. I'm sorry....I-I just can't right now....I'm sorry." I said once more before I pulled my hands out of his and walked out of the living room.

I stepped outside and leaned against the wall and let the tears fall. 

I'm a disappointment. I'm not meant to be the Alpha's mate. I can't be the strong person I'm supposed to be. I don't even have alpha blood. 

I can't even stand in a room with them looking at me for 5 minutes without wanting to break down.The words they said and their actions. I'm scarred and I can't let go of those memories, it's who I am....