10

Screaming.

I woke up to find myself screaming my lungs out until they were burning. Tears ran down my cheeks. I remembered everything from that....that....that memory.

I no longer called them dreams or nightmares. I had just found my out my so called nightmares and dreams weren't that, they were memories replaying themselves. By who? Well I thought it was my brain but it wasn't.

I wish I could remember her face. I was almost 100 percent sure it was my mother but her face and who she was to me was fading fast the longer I was sat up screaming.

Then I stopped because I ran out of oxygen. Wes shot up and almost gave himself whiplash turning his head towards my heavy breathing and crying figure.

He pulled me to him wrapping his arm's around me. "It's just another nightmare Carson. There not real."

But they were. I was gonna make it known that they were real. The memories started Monday. It's Wednesday right now. The first time that woman appeared was long ago now.

"No Wes...." I said before turning to him with a serious look. "These are memories..."

And that's how it grew silent...Until Wes denied all facts that they were memories.

"No Carson. They can't be memories." He said shaking his head. It made me angry that he would deny it.

I pushed him away and gave him a look. Just a look that was hard to explain. "They happen to me Wes. I know their memories because I recognize these people in them. These are people that I thought I never met before but I remember some names. Pieces maybe. There's Scarlett and Julian, Uh....Tilly? I think. Griffin or something. These aren't rogues and they aren't people from that abusive pack. It's from before all that."

I could barely believe my own words. And apparently Wes wouldn't either. "That's ridiculous Carson. Your just tired, let's go back to sleep."

I scoffed. "I'm sorry? Do you know what goes on in my brain? No I didn't think so. Don't tell me they aren't memories Wes. I've met these people before everything went downhill. The rogues lied, my parents loved me. They kept me and I had a family." I said standing up from the bed.

Wes got up too. "Your mind is creating people so you have that fantasy Carson. Those people aren't real." he said frowning.

My jaw dropped. How dare he tell me I'm creating people. I closed my mouth pulling my eyebrows down and shaking my head at him storming out of our room ignoring him calling my name. 

I went out into the woods and kept walking looking up into the stars. They were memories...my own mother told me so.

"Carson? What are you doing out so late?" I heard from my right. I turned my head to see Tommy.

"I'm just thinking. Had another 'dream' but actually learned they were memories. What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking about my uncle Zander....He lost his mate and his kid, he's still in a coma it's been forever....So why aren't you talking about your memories to Wes?"

"He tried telling me my memories weren't memories and I was just making up names for fake people trying to make a fantasy family for myself."

"Well what names?" He said. We sat on a fallen tree and I looked at him. 

"I only remember a few and they may be wrong since I don't remember a lot from it. Okay there's Scarlett, Julian, Tilly, and Griffin. Those are all I remember." Tommy froze.

"Do these names ring any bells. Kenzie, Zander, Sam...Any?"

I shook my head furrowing my brows.

"What about Uncle Sam and mommy and daddy."

It came in flashes.

"Catch me uncle Sammy!" I heard a little girls voice yell before a manly chuckle followed.

Flash....

"Come on Tommy, let's go play!" She yelled again but this time she sounded older. 

"I coming." A little boys voice followed.

Flash...

"Come on mommy! We have to catch daddy!"

Flash...

"No mommy!" She cried.

"Daddy please!" Again.

Flash...

"Mommy tell me about mates."

"Well when you meet them it's amazing. You know everything about them just looking into their eyes. You see your future with them flash between you two and you know you won't even be able to let that person go."

Then back again. Tommy was still staring at me as my eyes went wide. I let out a sob and Tommy wrapped his arms around me. 

"So I guess those names did ring a bell cousin." He said while he hugged me. Although it did flash in words I knew that one of them wasn't good. 

"Are my parents dead..." I said pulling away from him.

"Not your dad. He hasn't woken up in 20 years since your mom died. My grandparents are so upset. Yours even more since their daughter died. We all thought you were dead too, or would be dead. They told me they tried tracking you for about 5 years before they lost all hope. Uncle Zander wasn't waking up and Aunt Kenzie was gone. So my dad, your mom's little brother also known as Uncle Sam had to take over the Alpha position. So now I'm Alpha. I thought I recognized those eyes I just didn't think into it. I thought my big couz was gone for good. My old play pal." he said letting out a slightly amused chuckle.

I hummed and smiled. "I'm gonna go back inside and talk about this with Wes. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

I got up and walked back inside. When I got back into our bedroom Wes was pacing. "Thank god." he said before bringing me into a hug. "Why did you leave like that?"

"You hurt my feelings Wes. And just to let you know I now know about my family. Tommy is my little cousin. I guess I'm 20 and he's 18. He doesn't look that young." I sighed moving my eyes to a wide eyed Wes.

"Damn I'm sorry. I told you you made it up. I'm really sorry Carson." He said with a frown.

"I forgive you." I said. 

My mothers words flashed in my mind and I frowned knowing I would never see her again. I didn't even remember her.

"So are we gonna take a trip to Tommy's land to see your parents?"

"My mom's dead and my dad's in a coma and has been for 20 years...But I still would like to meet everybody else." I nodded before grabbing Wes's hand and pulling him back to bed.

He pulled my back to his chest and I closed my eyes and fell asleep with one remaining thought.

They loved me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1100~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5, 6 or 7 chapters left :(