[5.] The Best Of Luck

¡HALFWAY THROUGH THIS BOOK!

...I love her...

I couldn't say anything. I was frozen in my place, staring at him wide eyed. I didn't know what to say. Leon was looking at me, for a reaction to what he had just said, but I didn't move.

"What?" I eventually blurt out.

My ears couldn't believe it. Or well more like my eyes. I had heard him say the 'L' word many times before. But I had never seen him say it so sincerely, genuinely. The look in his eyes, the tone of his voice. It was surreal.

"I love Violetta, at least I think I do. But I'm sure I do. I mean I've never felt this way before. She makes me feel well happy. And I know I've said it many times before but this time I think I mean it. And you know, I hate that I'm feeling this way. I hate that my heart is open and that it is able to feel like this.

I've never felt this way. My heart has never really been attached to anybody before. I hate this feeling, this feeling of vulnerability. And just the thought that I love somebody. When you love somebody, you give them the chance to hurt you, you've let them in far enough to attack your heart, and next thing you know they break it.

I don't want to love her Fran. But I do," His speech, as a best friend it warmed my heart -he was finally thinking about somebody other than himself- but on the other hand, as his admirer, I felt heartbroken.

I had completely lost my chance to be with him. He was actually in love with somebody, there wasn't any way for me to be with him now.

"Leon, I. I don't know what to say," I fail to find words.

Leon sighs and runs a hand through his unruly hair. He comes closer to me and my breath hitches in my throat. He wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my hair. I hugged him weakly, my eyes still huge.

"I don't know what to do," Leon pulls away from the hug.

Best friend response.

The response from somebody who is in love with him.

"I think you should follow your heart," I breathe and Leon groans.

"That shit is stupid! It's all fake! I mean nobody can follow their heart when their heart is torn. Cesca I need proper advice. I need your advice, not some trashy quote!" Leon says annoyed. I inwardly groan.

You don't know how hard this is!

"Leon, I honestly don't know. You've never felt this way, so I really don't know how to respond." I explain and he nods sadly.

"C'mon, let's get to class," I mumble linking my arm with his.

"Thanks Fran, I appreciate it," Leon whispers and he kisses my cheek softly.

Ignore the tingles, ignore the tingles.

*~*~*

"And he was saying how much he loved her! I can't compete with her! It's all over, everything is ruined! We will never be sisters!" I yell pacing around Ludmila's room.

"Not all hope is lost! I mean Violetta is a bitch," Ludmila reasons and I give her a 'really?' Look.

"Please! She is like the nicest one in the group!" I scoff and Ludmila gives me a look, "next to you of course," I sarcastically add and Ludmila laughs.

"But we cannot give up! We have to be sisters!" Ludmila yells looking into space.

"Hey Cesca! I need you!" Leon yells from downstairs.

Ludmila starts making kissing nose, and ogle eyes. I roll my eyes with a shadow of a smile. I run downstairs, stopping at the end to calm my breathing. Before jumping down the last one. Leon was on the couch, with one leg on his lap, the usual guy position when sitting.

"What's up?" I ask him humming.

"I wanted to watch a movie," Leon says simply and I roll my eyes, but grin.

"I'll get the popcorn, you put in the movie. And please not a Romance again," I shout behind my shoulder as I walk to the kitchen.

I grab the microwave popcorn from the cupboard and pop it in the microwave, setting it for three minutes. I start humming to the song Wildest Dreams, as I got a tray, and some chocolate milkshake from the fridge. The timer on the microwave went off, and I pulled the dishcloth off the oven handle.

I take the popcorn out with my dishcloth, and the lovely butter aroma entered my nose. I pull on the two sides and the steam comes rushing upwards, making me move my face quickly. I pout it into a large bowl and place it on my tray.

I walk back to the TV lounge, and see that Leon was in the same position I had left him in, but there was a movie in the DVD player.

"What did you put on?" I ask putting the tray on the coffee table in front of us, but taking the popcorn.

"The Best Of Luck," Leon murmurs taking some of the popped goodness from the bowl.

"Well I do like the movie," I mumble and he grins.

Leon pulls me closer to him, so that his arm was around my waist. I rested my head on his arm and he pressed play. The first sound of the movie gave me a shock, and Leon had to try and suppress his laughter.

After watching ten minutes of the movie, there was a knock on the door. I flick Leon's forehead and he groans as he gets up. He trudges to the door and opens it with slouched shoulders. As soon as he sees who it is he straightens up and flashes a smile.

"Vilu!" Leon exclaims, making my heart sink, "Come right in, come in. Fran and I were just watching s movie, you can join us," Leon says and Vilu thanks him.

I sigh as I move away from my spot, and to the other end of the couch, my arms resting on the arm rest. They snuggle up together, with Leon's arm around her waist and her head on his chest. I can openly admit this.

I was jealous.

And Violetta ruined my movie night.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Okay so it was kinda a filler, but also had some important parts! It showed Leomesca friendship -which is what this whole book is about!-

You see, he showed her his secret spot. Which meant he trusted her. And also it showed how much Fran's advice meant to him. If she had said forget about her, he would've.

The movie also showed it. They watch movies together, they have a system. And their position. Of course it was ruined by Violetta.

This chapter, is actually very important in Hell, I can't tell you how. But it is. I have most of Hell planned out, just don't know how to put it into words. Anyway, you should remember this chapter. The content was important.

Sorry I never updated in a while. I don't want to go so quickly with this, because I'm not that far with Hell. I think I only have three chapters! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

I have the next five chapters planned out. So I hope you're ready!

~Lexy 😈