[6.] Happy Birthday

Something tickled the inside of my ear, but I ignored it and tried to drift back to sleep. All of a sudden there is something on my ear and then it moves.

"Happy Birthday Cesca,"

I jolt awake ending up banging the person's -the one was trying to give me the fright of my life- face. We both groan in pain and I look up to see Leon clutching the bridge of his nose. I instantly apologize and he chuckles lowly. He comes closer to me and picks me up by my hand, bringing me into a tight hug.

He nuzzles his nose in my neck, as I breathe in his scent. He mumbles a happy birthday again, and I reply with a short thanks, but we continue our hug. We break apart and I find myself staring into his eyes.

"Did you wake her up yet?" A voice comes from the doorway.

Leon and I jump apart, hopefully before Ludmila had seen us in our awkward position.

"Happy Birthday babe!" Ludmila squeals capturing me in a bone crushing hug.

"Thanks," I reply hugging her back.

We pull away and I look at Leon. Non-Verbally asking him the same question I did every year. Are they here? He closes his eyes for a moment before shaking his head slowly. Of course they didn't show. I mean it was only my birthday! It was only the day my mother gave birth to me!

Who cared?

I try to calm myself down and plaster a smile across my face. I rub my hands together eagerly.

"So what did you get me?" I ask them excitedly and they laugh at my childishness.

Ludmila muttered something along the lines of, I can't believe she's older than me. I ignore her comment and wait patiently for my presents. Ludmila gives me hers first. It was in a small white box, with a red ribbon around it. I carefully untie the ribbon and lift up the lid of the box.

I gasp in awe. It was a  charm bracelet, and on the biggest one which was a thin and sort of flat heart, Best Friends F & L was engraved. I squeal and hug Ludmila tightly, thanking her repeatedly. The other charms were other things that I liked, there was a small book, a butterfly, there was a camera and other things.

"Alright my turn," Leon says annoyed.

He hands me a small box that was wrapped in black wrapping paper. I take the wrapping paper of carefully, before removing the lid. There was a layer of tissue paper so I take it off and fling it onto my bed.

"Wow...but an L?" I say in confusion.

There was a silver chain, and the pendant was an 'L' There were small diamonds in it, and a light purple stone on each end of the letter. Leon chuckles, and takes something out of his pocket. He shows me his car keys and points to a special key ring.

It was an F.

Instead of the purple stones, there were blue. My face breaks into a grin.

"It's lovely," I breathe and he smirks. He kisses my cheek, and I fight away the blush. Ludmila who stood behind him started wiggling her eyebrows and making kissy faces.

"We've already made breakfast," Leon says and my eyes widen

"Woah what time did you two wake up?" I ask and Ludmila shakes her head shuddering at the thought.

"You don't even want to know," Ludmila shudders and I laugh.

Leon takes my hand, causing shivers to run up my spine. He starts leading me downstairs and I spare an open mouthed glance to Ludmila. She skips behind us, and Leon picks me up at the end of the stairs case. He sets me down gently and I smile at him.

Why did he have to be so nice?!

I walk behind him to the kitchen and gale at the breakfast before me. I was so happy today was a Sunday, so I could spend a long time eating the food they had prepared. There were some of Leon's A+ pancakes, Ludmila's professionally made omelettes, and some fruit plated beautifully. I internally screamed when I saw some coffee on the table.

Leon had an art for making coffee. Any hot drink really. He was also very good at latte art. I move to the one at my seat, and see the words Happy B-Day F on the foam.

"It was too hard to put Birthday," Leon chimes when he sees me admiring his art.

I still smile as thank you. I take a sip and moan in delight. It was caffé mocha; mocaccino, with extra whipped cream and cinnamon. Ludmila and Leon chuckle at me, and I ignore them. The taste lingers on my tongue, and I let out a sigh.

"This is awesome!" I exclaim and Leon smirks. "Well I am-" I cut him off rolling my eyes. "I meant everything. The presents, the food, you guys being here. Everything is just...perfect," I breathe and Leon's mouth makes the shape of an 'o'

Leon's phone buzzes and he jumps. Ludmila burst out laughing and Leon shoves her a bit. He takes out his phone and answers his call, walking away from us. Ludmila leaps over to me and leans into my ear.

"So you and Leon huh? This morning, you two were so gonna make out!" Ludmila shrieks in my ear. I rub my ear and roll my eyes at her.

"We weren't!" I protest and she hums.

"You so were,"

"You guys had a moment!"

I sigh in defeat, there was no convincing her. Leon comes back a moment later with a pained face. He glanced at us and tried to brighten his face.

"What are you waiting for, let's eat!" He shouts and I force a laugh.

Ludmila excuses herself, and winks at me before she exits the room, towards the bathroom. I mentally glare at myself, for telling her. Any moment she had, she would make a remark about Leon and I. Leonesca as she called it. I thought it was stupid, but she wouldn't hear it.

Leon taps my shoulder and I look up, almost poking my eyes out because of the fork in front of me. Wedged in the fork was a square piece of a pancake. He gives me a look and I open my mouth a little bit and he puts the fork inside. I take the pancake into my mouth and close my eyes savouring the taste. Leon removes the fork and grins at me.

"Amazing as always?" Leon asks raising an eyebrow.

"Better than ever!" Leon grins and kisses my cheek softly.

That was like the second time today.

Oh.My.Gosh.I'm.Dying.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
Filler, eek. But there was a lot of Leonesca that I had a lot,of fun writing so I'm happy, I hope you are too. So the next chapter should be interesting enough.

It's a Leon one! So that one will either be mixed or just Leon. And I think the last chapter in the book will also be mixed. I'm not sure. I have it all planned out though (:

By the way this birthday was her eighteenth birthday. If I mentioned earlier that she sixteen, it's wrong, before this she was seventeen. Now she's eighteen, meaning she is in her senior year. Sorry for this change, but in hell it starts with her in senior year.

Also, just thought I'd let you know, I've written the first five chapters of Hell. Yay!

Well thanks for reading :) sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈