Reputation

Authors Notes:

Hello readers! I want to thank you so much for reading! It means so much to me, and I am surprised that this got a 100 readers! That's, like...WOW! I'm really sorry about this short chapter. I'm on vacation, so it was sort of hard. And if Kayden and Elyse do become a couple, it won't be at the beginning. There relationship--like most of my boooks had--will be either in the middle or end. No romantic affair will be occuring between them in the behinning--at least not that I know of. Maybe a little flirting...possibly a kiss? But not anything too serious. If it happens, it'll be becaus of a dare or whatever. 

Alright, well, sorry about the long authors note,  start reading :)

Chapter 5

Both of our eyes widen in horror as our lips remained smashed together. Sitting up quickly, I subconsciously straddled him--causing a blush to form on my cheeks, and I scurried away. Once I was on my feet, a mouthful of apologies exploded from my mouth. But the only thing Kayden could do was sit there and stare up at me with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I slipped! Are you okay?" I bent down, trying to look at him in the eye--though that only made the situation worse. 

"I'm fine," he grumbled as he stood back up. His eyes darted down to the substances that covered his shirt, and he tightened his jaw. 

I stood back up. "I'm so sorry. I--"

"I said I’m fine." A glare penetrated out of his milky-brown eyes before he brushed past me and walked away. 

I turned around, and as he was about to disappear through the crowd that was creating a barrier around both him and I he turned back to me and said, "Just watch where you're going next time," and then rolled his eyes and turned back around, proceeding to get as far away from me as possible. 

I looked around, surprised at how many people had gathered around. The worst part was that they were all laughing...at me.

"Are you okay?" Lela walked over to me and rested a hand on my shoulder, worry clear on her face. 

"El, are you alright?" 

I craned my neck to see Mike, Jessie, and Linda staring at me with wide eyes. I looked between my three best friends and then Lela, and then averted my attention to the amused crowd. I wasn't able to speak; I was too humiliated to. So I ran. I ran all the way to the girls' bathroom, ignoring all of the protests that Mike, Jessie, Linda, and Lela were giving me. I couldn't speak. Not to them. Not to anyone. 

I rested my face in the palm of my hands as tears of embarrassment shed out of my eyes. I felt like a wimp for crying, but I was so humiliated that I didn't care. 

Fifteen minutes had passed and I stood at the sink, wiping off my tear-streaked face. I sat down the soaked toilet paper and studied myself in the mirror. My brown hair was tousled, my nose was red, and my face was covered with water; I looked like a mess. 

I took both of my hands and wiped them down my face. I exited out of the bathroom, and was then greeted face to face with Mike. 

"Are you okay?" Gentleness was laced in his tone. 

"Yeah, I’m fine. I just feel like a wimp." I forced out a small laugh as a single tear ran down my cheek. 

His sea-green eyes studied me before he took his hand and cupped one of my cheeks; I could feel my heart start to race. His warm thumb wiped away the straying tear, skidding across my cold skin; a shiver ran down my spine, and I closed my eyes, loving his touch.