Dreams And Thoughts

_____________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to Sophie because she's amazing and I love her work! Yeah, you guys' need to read her stuff; it's the bomb! She has also helped me improve my writing skills A LOT, so I owe it to her--though a dedication isn't a lot...but it's something. Aha. But thank you so much, Sophie! You really have helped me excel...and yeah! Aha, but thank you so much! :D

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 7

With a loud sigh, I picked up the last piece of clothing from my floor and hung it in my closet. I had spent the past twenty minutes cleaning my room. Much to my surprise and gratefulness, my mother had called to tell me that she would be a tad late getting home because she had to stop by the grocery store and pick up some things, so I luckily had enough time to make my room look a little neater.

I sat my two pillows against the headboard, and then backed away; it looked good. My room didn’t look exactly spotless, but it was presentable. There were still a couple of soda cans resting on my bed-side table, and some shoes were spread across my room—but it was nothing major.

“Elyse, I’m hungry!” I heard Crystal whine from the other side of the door.

“And?” I rolled my eyes.

“Can you make me something?”

“Why can’t you just eat some chips or something?” I asked with exaggeration lacing my words.

“I can’t eat any chips because Jared ripped the bag and now all of the potato chips are on the floor!” Crystal accused.

“I didn’t! You did!” I heard Jared yell from downstairs.

And then the fighting was initiated.

After hearing the two bicker for five minutes, I finally butted in. “Please be quiet! I’ll go fix you some dang food… Just shut up.” I rolled my eyes as I grumpily walked past my annoying sister and down the stairs. I entered the kitchen and got out a box of cereal, a bowl, and a jug of milk. After fixing Crystal a bowl of cereal, I called her name.

“Coming!” Crystal yelled just as she entered the kitchen.

“Here,” I muttered and handed her the bowl of Rice Crispi’s.

“I don’t want cereal; I want actual food!”

“Please eat the cereal, Crystal. I don’t have time to fix you anything else.” I sighed in annoyance.

“Fine,” she grumbled as she took the bowl from my hands and then walked away.

I slumped my shoulders and let out a long sigh.

Then all of the sudden, a loud voice through my ears. “I’m home!” And of course it was my mother.

“Hi, Mom.” I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where my mother stood; her fiery eyes glued to the fragments of chips that were lying on the dusty wooden floor.

Crap,I thought, they didn’t clean up the chips.

“What is this?” my mother demanded as her eyes flew from Crystal to Jared and then to me. “Who did this?”

I glanced over at Jared and Crystal, who both were seated at the couch remaining silent. After deciding that they would never speak up and tell her that it was them, I did. “It was me, Mom.” I sighed mentally, ready for whatever would come my way.