From Street Dancer to Ballarina

Chapter One

Please give my book a chance.

I quickly adjust my shoelaces pulling the tight. “Hey you ready?” Anna asks standing in front of me peering through a curtain, looking nervous. I stand up and give her a huge confident smile. “Now why would I be nervous were only dancing for a couple of hundred people.” I say Anna and couple of other girls behind me giggle nervously. I didn’t feel their nervousness only excitement I couldn’t wait for what was about to happen.

I heard someone screaming in a microphone I could barely make out the words but I knew what he was saying he was yelling out our names. “Ready?” Someone shouted behind. A few mumbled back as we lined up beside the curtain ready to make our entrance now I was nervous but I brushed it off tonight was my big night my first time with a solo, Anna gave me a quick grin as the music started pounding on the forth beat everyone around me pushed through the curtain each giving me small little smiles, in a couple minutes I would make my big entrance and hopefully the crowd would go wild, hopefully.

Jayden’s POV

“What the hell are we doing here?” Nick asked besides me looking nervously around as we walked towards the empty looking warehouse, but hey looks could deceiving.

“Having some fun you don know what the word fun means right?” I snicker, Nick was all about the dancing. This earns me shove, which doesn’t even make me move. Nick isn’t a fighter that is one of the things I like about him.

“So really were the hell are we going?” Nick asks.

“A place where I used to hang out”

Nick gives me a weird look he knows what I used to do. “Come on let’s just go, I have homework to do.” He says looking nervous.

“Come on man it’ll be fun.” I say pushing him through the first door we are immediately confronted by two tall guys standing by another door, I recognize one strait away.

“James how you doing?” I ask walking up to him and giving him a hug.

“Damn Jay haven’t seen you here for awhile I was scared you’d gone twinkle toes.” He said hugging me back.

“Nah man, so who’s on tonight?” I ask while Nick stands behind me sizing up the other guy who hasn’t moved.

“The usual, a group joined after you left they are good, but you ever know.” James says shrugging.

“So can we go in?” I ask.

“Yeah man, but don’t start any fights I don’t want to throw you out again.” James says looking behind me at Nick.

“Nah I don’t start fights no more.” I state.

“Damn they changed you.” James says smiling.

“No they didn’t.” I say walking past motioning Nick to follow, I hated it when people assumed.

Once we passed through the heavy metal door our senses were overloaded we could hear the thumping of loud music ringing through our ears, we could smell the sweat coming from the crowd of people we saw hundreds of people and at the front a huge stage, we could also ear someone screaming over a microphone probably introducing the next group I look over my shoulder to see Nick staring at everything in wonder from the outside this warehouse looked abandoned but really it was vibrating with life. Nick was pretty low key kind of guy so this must have been overloading.

Nick finally turned back to me and shouted over the music. “What is this place?” the whole time smiling.

“You’ll see.” I said grinning I knew he would love it I signaled with my hand for Nick to follow me as I pushed my way through the crowd trying to reach the front where my old mates were.