Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Tell me if you like PLEASE.

---------------------------------------------------

Kara’s POV

“Karie wake up. Karie wake up. KARIE!!”

Someone was shouting in my ear making m head ring, as if a hundred large bells were been rung at the same time. “What?” I whisper softly turning over.

I feel small hands pushing me and more yelling of my name making me grab he pillow closest to me and throw it towards the sounds. “Ouch” some one mumbles far off.

Whoever was yelling at me was persistent as ten seconds later I wasn’t wrapped up in warm blankets anymore I was face first on the hard, cold wooden floor. It was my turn to say ouch but I didn’t get the chance as the minute I hit the floor my stomach lurched.

I scrambled up from the floor and stumbled straight to the bathroom, I could hear soft foot falls following behind me and every so often a small hand directing me away from the white walls.

I emptied the contents of my stomach in the white porcelain toilet bowl, as someone held my hair back. After 10 minutes of kneeling over the toilet bowel waiting for more vomit to rise in my throat I sat back leaning my head against the bathroom walled tiles watching Riley stand in front of me flushing the toilet and cleaning up behind me. What would I do without my little brother.

“No more drinking.” He said looking me in the eye.

I nodded my head slowly, as I scrambled towards the toilet bowel again emptying the contents of my stomach that I didn’t even know I had. “No more drinking.” I confirmed as I leaned against the toilet bowel.

“Ry can you grab the phone for me.” I asked.

Riley immediately ran out of the room I heard him running towards the kitchen. My thoughts were turned elsewhere as I leaned against the toilet bowel, trying to sort through my jumbled thoughts: I had a disciplinary hearing today I needed to be there. I couldn’t bring Riley to court but had no one to babysit. I couldn’t leave Riley at home alone. I could maybe call Anna but after the way I treated her last night I didn’t think she would turn up. I couldn’t remember where the pain killers were as my back tingled and throbbed with pain I guess the bruises had settled in. By now I probably had a black eye fromWayneand would need to cover it up.

All these thoughts ran through my brain and I didn’t realize that Riley had returned till a phone was pressed into my hand. “This is the kitchen phone where’s my cell?” I moaned moving my position on the toilet so that the bruises weren’t pressed up against the toilet.

“You didn’t bring back your backpack.” Riley stated tugging on my arm trying to pull me up.

“What time is it?” I moaned slowly making my legs work.

“Late in the morning.” Riley said.

“Shit” I whispered

“No swearing” Riley said immediately giving me a demanding look if anyone heard him speaking and not his appearance you would guess he was around twelve not seven. Riley had grown up fast but I guess that’s what tragedies did to people they changed them for good or bad.

 “Sorry” I whispered hurriedly pushing the phone to my ear the line was dead I guess I may have forgotten to pay the phone bill, I was so dead.

I reached out my hand and Riley automatically pulled on it with his strength it didn’t help much so with my other hand I pushed against the top of the toilet bowel sliding my back up trying to gasp or groan in pain as I felt stabs of what felt like glass shattering on my back I knew that recognizing the pain and alerting Riley would only make him worried and he had enough of that.