Chapter 5

Chapter 5

note: this chapter takes place the day after last chapter 8) yolo

oOo

Murdoc is a man who always keeps his promises; that's the main reason why he never makes them in the first place.

Yesterday, he had promised Russell that Gorillaz would hold a much needed practice session in Kong's now desolate recording studio. He kept his word. And, despite his overly-confident front, it's proving to be rather difficult for him.

His focus, usually so insistent and there, has been shot.

2D stands front and center, as always, toying with his instrument in between songs. That's normal, and to be expected. And, as always, he's oblivious to his surroundings and to those who watch him.

His lips press and move against the microphone in a sensual manner, and his eyes fall closed as if he were caught up in some sort of dream. He's the epitome of beauty in Murdoc's eyes.

He watches 2D's throat intently, adam's apple bobbing as he swallows. Murdoc feels himself grow hot, breath hitching in his chest.

Caught up in his moment of silent admiration, Murdoc finds himself royally fucking up his chord progression. He pretends that there aren't three pairs of eyes on him and just goes with it, too proud to admit that he screwed up.

He hears a grunt from behind and his ears twitch in annoyance, going about his business and keeping his mouth shut.

After a few more minutes of this charade Russell lets out an aggravated huff of air and claps his hands together once, announcing to the others that he's had enough. Murdoc, surprised, doesn't have it in him to argue.

Noodle offers Russell a confused look before nodding solemnly, mouth forming into a pout. They pack up their belongings in silence, both casting Murdoc uneasy looks over their shoulders before leaving the room.

Murdoc coughs.

"I thought that went bloody perfect, if you ask me."

"O'course it did." 2D says with a fond smile, putting his keyboard away with a surprising amount of concentration. "S'your band, after all."

Murdoc doesn't know whether he's being sarcastic or not but that doesn't stop his heart from leaping into his throat or a prideful smile from forming on his face.

"Got that right, Stu-Pot." he agrees, cocking his head to the side with a cheeky grin.

2D snickers, straightening his back painfully and he cracks his spine with a relieved sigh. Murdoc wrinkles his nose, face contorting in disgust.

"Y'know I ain't one to judge, an' I don' really care, but tha' can't be good for your back."

"Can't be bad for it either, since people pay strangers to do it for 'em all the time." 2D replies, cracking his neck. He sighs, rotating his shoulders in satisfaction.

Murdoc watches on, horror-struck.

"Don't do that."

2D tilts his head in a silent question, raising a brow.

"Do what?" he asks innocently, bending swiftly, his knees cracking as a result.

Murdoc shudders.

"Stop fucking doing that to your joints, it's disgusting." he snarls, stepping away from the singer. "You're practically a skeleton already, 'D. Christ."