filler: Chapter 9 - Swan Scones

Chapter 9 - Filler: Swan Scones

note: i thought it was about time for some funny feel-good stuff 8)

did u get my joke? do you find me humorous?

1/7/16: please check out this beautiful illustration by CryptidCrafter!

cryptidcrafter.deviantart.com/art/swan-scones-582984149

oOo

Days at Kong pass as they always do; slow, meaningless, with absolutely no hope of ease or rest.

The usually dark living room is now filled with the harsh, bright-yellow glow of artificial lighting. Slow, almost deliberate sounding scratches can be heard from the other side of the grimy, busted window but they continue to go unnoticed

And Murdoc, abandoned by his band mates, can be found sulking childishly on the couch with his knees drawn up to his chest, and a ratty blanket strewn over his shoulders. He holds the television remote in his hands, never actually using it as he toys with the back cover, removing the batteries from their ports. They glide between his fingers, casings worn down by age and use, and when the initial amusement wears off he puts them back into their spots.

He's all alone.

Sure, he could've just stayed holed up in his room and drunk himself into another stupor but doing that gets tiring after a while. He needed a change in scenery. Being alone in a decrepit, rotting building gives him the option to lounge about without being disturbed by the others.

Sinking deep into the moth-bitten couch, Murdoc turns the television on and mentally prepares himself for an afternoon of solitude and melancholy. He doesn't need to ask himself why he wasn't invited to go along with the others. He knows why. He's made it perfectly clear what he thinks of them and people in general and it doesn't surprise him in the least that they didn't want him around during their casual family outing.

Except...

Well.

He had thought that a certain singer would've had the decency to at least knock on his door and ask him if he wanted to go along. He would've said no, of course, but it's the principle of the thing. Before he can stew in his anger for too long he feels a pair of hands land on his shoulders from behind. Startled, he jumps in surprise and lets out a terrified yelp.

"Muds!" a voice shouts in his ear. "I have some great news! Y'gonna love it!"

2D.

Murdoc is still trying to get his bearings straight as he clutches desperately at his chest.

"What the bloody hell was that for, you dimwit?" he snarls, the hands on his shoulders releasing him without warning. There's rustling from behind the couch and suddenly 2D is sitting next to him, grinning from ear to ear.

"Sorry, I didn' mean t'scare you." 2D apologizes. The bassist isn't entirely sure if it's sincere or not.

"Shut up, I wasn't scared." Murdoc grumbles, scooting himself away from 2D a bit in order to acquire some personal space. 2D doesn't look convinced but he nods.

"Sure, Muds."

Murdoc sighs heavily through his nose, rubbing his temples in frustration. "What do you want? I thought you were out with the others."

2D grins brightly and nods again. "Yeah, but we just got back. We were gone for a while, I'm surprised y'hadn't noticed."

Murdoc narrows his eyes. "Why wouldn't I notice? I've been in here all alone since you up and left."