Worried Sick - Isaac Imagine

It was a day of darkness.

Thick, black clouds covered the sky and banishing the sun from doing its duties. Rain came down in thick, wet blankets that soaked anyone who dared to step foot outside. Lightning and thunder accompanied each other in creating a show in the sky and had you quivering under a blanket, shuddering every time a clap of thunder rolled through the house and met your ears.

A coldness drifted around the house, had you shivering despite being clad in one of Isaac's old jumpers and drowned in the thickest blanket you owned.

You wished for nothing more than to be held by Isaac, buried into his chest while being shielded from the storm by his arms. But you couldn't have such a thing right now. It'd been exactly fifty-four minutes and thirty-one seconds since you had last seen him, and call you clingy but you missed him and was worried sick and you had every right to be until he walked back into your house again.

He'd gone to help Scott and the rest of the pack with something he called a Dread Doctor, but you weren't sure you heard him right.

What the hell was a Dread Doctor?

No supernatural creature he talked about made any sense to you, no matter how hard he tried to explain them to you, so you stopped trying to understand. Simply kissed him when he got home and made sure he was okay.

This has been going on for as long as you had been dating the boy, so you should be used to him leaving to do things like this but tonight felt different.

For the most part, it was the first time it was storming when he'd gone. And on the other end of it all, you couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Maybe it was the storm affecting your judgement, but nevertheless you were worried, and you were going to be so until he himself tells you that he's okay.

Eventually, you lost track of time and before long you noticed it was ticking over into two in the morning, and you hadn't noticed how tired you really were until your body collapsed onto your bed. You crawled up to the pillows, stuffing your head into the comfort of them while pulling the same blanket you've had wrapped around you all day to your chin.

You checked your phone one last time for any messages from Isaac. When you didn't find what you were looking for, you let out a sigh and dropped your phone beside you on the bed and finally let your eyes slip closed, falling into a deep sleep within seconds.

-

It couldn't have been more than an hour later when your phone was letting off a constant buzz, ripping you from your sleep. Seeing Scott's name flashed on the screen had you awake in a millisecond, swiping against the screen to answer his call.

"Scott?"

"(Y/n)," He sighed in relief from the other end of the call. "Isaac, he's hurt. I need you to come down to the hospital."

Your stomach churned, heart feeling like it was in your throat from his words. You ripped yourself from bed, on your feet and hastily rushing around the room without even remembering you were still talking to Scott.

"(Y/n?" He prompted. "You still there?"

"Yeah," You breathed out, searching your drawers for a pair of jeans. "I'm coming."

You hung up the phone, dropping it briefly to tug on your pants before you were picking it up again and rushing toward the front door. You knew you probably looked a mess, and your damn shoes didn't match your outfit at all but you didn't care. You needed to get to Isaac as quickly as humanly possible.

"I'm coming." You mumbled to yourself, as if Isaac could hear you, and tugged the front door open before stepping out into the rain.

-

Scott was waiting for you in the waiting area when you arrived, worried eyes wide and alert as you rushed over to your friend.

"Isn't—isn't he supposed to, supposed to be able to heal by himself?" You gasped out, your thoughts moving faster than your tongue made it hard for you to be able to form proper sentences without messing up your words. "Why did you bring him here?"

Scott placed comforting hands onto your shoulders, helping you calm down slightly before speaking up gently, "He was attacked by surprise. One of the Dread Doctors got him pretty good in the stomach and head. He's okay now, though. He's just a little shaken and woozy, and he'll probably be in a bit of pain until he starts to heal by himself."

You sighed in relief, but Scott's words didn't help you truly believe he was okay. You needed to see him for yourself before you could believe such a thing.

"Can I see him?" You asked, and Scott nodded before he began to lead you through the hospital and to Isaac's room on the second floor. He allowed you to enter first, pushing the door open and shuffle in slowly as you hesitantly approached his bed.

"Hey," Isaac's voice was low and strained, but it was music to your ears. His eyes were half open, probably due to exhaustion. His hair was mussed and you could see the white bandage peeking out from the back of his head and you couldn't seem to register much more for the feeling of relief took over your mind, your whole body.

He's okay. He's alive.

You took a seat by his bed, and he was quick to clasp his hand around yours. You noticed how cold it was, compared to how warm it usually was.

"Hi," You mumbled out, a small smile on your lips. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now you're here." He mustered up the best smile he could while he gave your hand a gentle squeeze. You were so entranced by Isaac that you had completely forgotten Scott was still in the room until he spoke suddenly.

"I'm going to give you guys some time alone." He smiled at you, sending a nod to Isaac before leaving the room, the door clipping closed behind him.

"C'mere," Isaac muttered out, shifting over on the bed to give you a little room. "It's so cold in this place, I need you to keep me warm, please."

And, well, there wasn't anything you were about to deny him of at this current time so you kicked off your shoes and climbed up onto the bed with him. When you both were comfortable, you finally allowed yourself to begin to relax.

"You had me worried sick, you know." You grumbled out, faking annoyance.

"I know." Was all he replied with as he closed his eyes, letting out a content sigh as he nuzzled into your side.

No one said a word when they found the two of you wrapped up together on the tiny bed with Isaac's head resting comfortably on your chest the next morning.