A Million Ways - Liam Imagine

A/n: this ones gonna be about Liam being in his first relationship because I think that would be adorable. This is also based off a post I found on tumblr that had a list of 100 different ways to say I love you. Words/sentences in bold are from that list :-)

Alternatively, this imagine is the three times you show Liam that you love him, and the one time he shows you he loves you, too.

* * *

There were, in fact, a million different ways to say I love you. They weren't always obvious, and sometimes you really had to listen but with every word, the tone was laced with a hidden kind of fondness that gave it all away.

The three words could been found in a touch. One that was gentle and hesitant yet electrifying at the same time. It's gentle fingertips running along the span of backs and hands on crimson cheeks and fingers interlaced.

Its no doubt that love is in everything that we do, even if it's not purposeful. We go at things full force, arms open and ready to embrace what ever comes at us. A bubbly mess of passion and love and dedication overtakes us and leaves room for nothing else. This isn't considered a bad thing, because after all, lukewarm is no good.

Liam always had trouble expressing his feelings in a positive way.

His anger issues influenced him greatly, not to mention everyone around him. You were fully aware of his condition before you started dating him, but that didn't stop you from loving him all the same.

He struggled to show affection, not used to the feelings that came along with being romantically involved with someone else.

You didn't mind, of course. It just meant that you were able to show him just how much someone could love another person in the hopes that one day he would be able to return the feelings.

It was a long shot, according to your friends, but you failed to acknowledge their comments. They didn't know Liam like you did, and you knew that deep down he had the ability to express himself in a way that wasn't in explosive anger.

With your friends' negative comments in the back of your mind, you made a promise to yourself that you would try your hardest prove them wrong.

-

It was a Saturday. Liam and yourself had found yourselves wandering around the streets of Beacon Hills with nothing better to do than to enjoy each others company.

Your hands hung by your side, swinging mindlessly as you walked while occasionally brushing against Liam's. Of course, he didn't think anything of the action, though the feeling of his skin brushing against your own had your fingers twitching.

You tried to ignore the feelings it sent up your arm, focus more on the story Liam was telling you about what he did with Mason last week, but when he bumped hands with you again, you couldn't help yourself.

"Can I hold your hand?" You blurted out, completely cutting him off.

You both had stopped walking, Liam staring down at you with furrowed eyebrows. A silence settled between you, and you were about to take it all back when Liam suddenly smiled. He nodded hesitantly, and you couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

You held your hand out, palm up and waiting for him to place his hand on top. He did eventually, closing his palm over yours and you took it upon you to interlace your fingers with his, then letting them drop by your side.

You both started walking again, and you couldn't stop the smile on your lips when Liam squeezed your hand gently.

-