Seven

Sodapop lifted Amy out of the truck and gently threw her over his shoulder, and I walked inside.

"Amy? Is that you?" Aunt Karen called from the kitchen.

"No! It's Callie!" I yelled back, walking into the kitchen.

"What were you doing outside?" She asked. "I thought you were sick."

"I needed some fresh air, but I think I'm going to go back to bed," I told her.

"Okay sweetie. Let me get you a glass of water before you go upstairs," she said, pulling a cup out of the cabinet.

When she wasn't paying attention to me, I looked over my shoulder to see Sodapop run through the door and up the stairs with Amy over his shoulder. I giggled to myself.

"Why's the front door open?" Dad asked, going over to shut the door.

"Sorry-"

I was interrupted by a loud crash coming from upstairs.

"What in the world was that?" Aunt Karen asked.

"I'll go check, I'm going upstairs anyways," I said, grabbing the glass of water from her hands and running up the stairs.

"Teenagers are so weird these days," I heard Dad mumble to Aunt Karen.

I ran down the hall to Amy's room, where I saw Amy laying on the floor and Sodapop standing next to her, laughing his head off. I closed the door behind me, trying to hide the fact that there was a boy in my room.

"What did you do?" I laughed.

"I tried to set her on the bed," he laughed, "and she slid right off."

I heard a loud knock on the door. Sodapop and I lifted Amy onto the bed careful not to drop her this time, then Soda ran into her closet.

"Come in," I said, sitting down on my bed casually.

"What was that-Amy's back!" Aunt Karen said.

"Shh, she's sleeping," I said.

"She didn't even take her shoes off!" Aunt Karen said, walking over to Amy and pulling the sandals off her feet. I hoped that Aunt Karen wouldn't smell the alcohol on Amy's breath, and thankfully she didn't. She walked over to Amy's closest and pulled open the door, I nearly screamed, knowing that Sodapop was inside and the second she opened the door she would see him.

"This closest is a mess," Aunt Karen said. "What is this big mound of clothes? Amy is going to be in some trouble tomorrow," she said, and she threw the shoes on the pile of clothes and shut the door of the closet.

"Goodnight Aunt Karen," I said. She was shorter than me, so she stood on her toes and gave me a hug.

"Sleep tight," she smiled, and she left.

I closed the door behind her, then I ran to closet and flung the door open.

"Soda, I know you're in that pile of clothes!" I said. The pile of clothes began to move, and Sodapop emerged from the mess. He put his hands around my waist and lifted me up, tickling me. "Stop!" I managed to say in between laughs, and then he dropped me onto the pile of clothes.