Ten

But it wasn't a dream, it was real life. I recognized Ponyboy, Two-Bit, and Steve right away, and they all greeted me when they saw me.

"Who's this little lady?" A man asked, walking into the room. He was tall and built, he was a little intimidating.

"Looks like Dally got himself a girl," Steve said through a mouthful of food.

"This is Callie, and she's not my girl," Dally said, and Sodapop looked at him with confusion. "Yet, she's not my girl yet," Dally finished.

"When's it gonna be official," Steve asked.

"Will you be my girl?" Dally asked me. I smiled and nodded.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Callie," the older boy said. "I'm Darry, Ponyboy and Soda's older brother."

"Nice to meet you," I smiled politely, shaking his hand.

"Where's Sandy?" Darry asked Sodapop.

"She had to help her mom with something," Sodapop answered, and he went upstairs, looking sad.

"Do you want some cake?" Darry asked.

"Sure," I laughed, and Dally and I followed Darry into the kitchen, still holding hands.

Darry opened the fridge and pulled out a plate with a little bit of cake left.

"Looks like you two are gonna have to share the last piece," Darry laughed, handing Dally the cake and giving me two forks.

We walked back into the living room where everyone was sitting around the television, watching cartoons. I sat down on the floor in front of the couch, and Dally sat next to me. Dally took his fork and got some cake, and then he stuffed it in my mouth, he was feeding me like a baby. Even though I was laughing, I could still taste the cake, and it was amazing.

"Dally I'm not a baby," I laughed.

"Yes you are," he said back.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, then I stuffed some cake in his face.

"You're gonna regret that," Dally said, and he picked up a big chunk of the cake, ready to throw it at me. I jumped up from the ground and ran from him, but he grabbed my arm and turned me around, pushing the cake right into my face.

"It's on," I said, and I grabbed the last bit of the cake. Dally slowly backed into the kitchen, and I couldn't see him. I stood by the wall, hiding, so that I could smash the cake on him as soon as he walked back into the living room.

Dally came around the corner and I smashed the cake into his hair, rubbing it around. We were both laughing, and the next thing I knew, he kissed me. I pulled away from the kiss, the most amazing kiss, when I realized it wasn't Dally who had kissed me, it was Sodapop.

"I...I thought you were Dally," I said, backing away, "I'm sorry."

"Callie," Sodapop called after me, but I was already out the door. Ponyboy was sitting on the porch smoking, and he laughed when he saw me.

"Callie...you're kind of covered in chocolate cake," Ponyboy said.

"I know," I said angrily.

"What's wrong?" Ponyboy asked.

"He kissed me," I said, sitting down next to him.

"Dally?" Ponyboy asked.

"Sodapop," I answered. Before Ponyboy could say anything, Dally came outside.

"There you are, I thought you were going to try to attack me, but Soda said you left. Are you okay?" Dally asked.

"I'm fine," I answered. "I think I'm going to just go home."

"You can't go home with cake all over your face," Dally said, laughing. "Come on, we'll get cleaned up."

Dally grabbed my hand and I followed him inside. Sodapop watched me as I walked through the living room, and it was hard not to stare at him, he looked cute with his hair sticking up all funny with frosting. Dally led me into the bathroom, and he turned on the shower. He held me while I leaned back, just getting my face and my hair wet. I rinsed off all of the frosting and cake from my hair, and I leaned forward. Dally looked into my eyes for a moment before leaning in to kiss me. I put my hand on his chest, and without looking at him I left. I ran through the house, past everyone watching cartoons, and I kept going.

It was raining outside and I had no idea where I was going. I walked for a while, my clothes were dripping with water and my once curled hair was now sticking to my face. I was about to give up looking for Amy's house, when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Sodapop standing behind me. He was also soaked from the rain, and he walked up to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I don't know why, but I hugged him. I was freezing from the cold rain, but somehow he made me warm. He held onto me, and I started to cry, so much had happened, I couldn't handle it.

"Why did you kiss me," I asked, still hugging him.

"I don't know, it just felt right," he said.

"Do you still love Sandy?"

"Of course, I asked her to marry me," he answered, and my heart sank. I pulled away from the hug, and looked down at my shoes.

"You can't do this to me," I said with anger, "you can't kiss me and then say you love someone else."

"I thought you loved Dally," Sodapop said.

"No, I love you," I almost whispered the last three words. I just told Sodapop that I loved him, and I knew it was a mistake.

"But-" He started to say before I cut him off.

"I know, I'm crazy, I came here looking for the perfect summer and I fell in love with someone who doesn't love me back. I actually thought that you might like me, but I have this problem of caring too much. I care so much about you, and you don't care about me at all..." I yelled, I was getting everything out, telling him everything. I was an emotional wreck, and I was embarrassed that he was seeing me like this, if he loved me at all he certainly didn't love me anymore.

Sodapop didn't say anything, he didn't try to argue with me, he took off his flannel, leaving him in just a white shirt, and he placed it on my shoulders. Before I knew it, he leaned in and kissed me, again. This time, I was angry, I pushed him away as hard as I could.

"You're a real asshole," I said, and I stormed off, not knowing where I was going, but I had to get away.

A/N

Wow, a lot just happened. This is my favorite chapter of everything I have written, so I hope you like it! I'm thinking of adding some girl characters, so comment if you want to be in the story, tell me your name and a little description of yourself. Thanks for reading, I love you guys!
xx
Maddie