Chapter 5: Mason

Friday arrives faster then I was prepared for, faster than all of us were prepared for. I sigh as I push the door open to enter Dr. Myers office. Everyone looks at me with wide eyes wondering if I'm Harlyn crying about her seeing her dead son. I shake my head to let them know that I haven't seen her. I notice all of their shoulders relaxing slightly and we all breath a sigh of relief. I rest my elbows on my thighs and clasp my hands together while staring at the floor. I attempt to distract myself by counting the different speckles that make up the odd colored carpet, but of course, it doesn't work. 

I jump up from my chair when I hear the door hit the wall after it being slammed open. My eyes go wide and I immediately run to Harlyn to comfort her. 

"Did you see him?" I ask carefully while attempting to look her in the eyes. She nods her head softly and rests her face on my shoulder. I sigh and shake my head as I see Dr. Myers reach for the phone.

"We have to call the police," he mouths.

"I'll be right back," I whisper to Harlyn. She nods and Ember takes my place.

"They won't listen to us and you know it," I snap," You didn't even believe us until now."

He sighs and lowers his head," Look I know, but they're the police they have to believe you."

"It doesn't mean they will," I whisper before turning back to Ember and Harlyn. I glare at Dr. Myers once more and watch him as he sets the phone down and sighs once more. 

***** 

I groan as I slowly stand back up to answer the phone. 

"This better be important," I say after seeing its Alex who is calling," I just sat down." He's doesn't say anything for a moment.

"You know I'm next," he says quietly.

"I know Alex and I'm so sorry."

"What's going to happen after?" he asks slightly louder than before.

I think this over and finally reply with," I guess we'll just have to wait to find out."

--------

I'm sooooo sorry this chapter is short, it was mostly just a filler. I hope you enjoy anyway and do't forget to vote, comment, and check out my other book!! I promise the next chapter will be much longer and a lot better!! Love you all<3 :)

Stay beautiful, Stay weird, Stay amazing                                                                                                               

~Annalise