Chapter Eleven: Dusk

-----Somewhere in the countryside of England-----

The sounds of clanking metal and hammers combined with those of banners flapping in the wind and the crackling of fires to create a melody Feria loved. It was similar to the sounds of her childhood home in Britannia, and it made her all the more driven that night. It was dusk now, and all but one of the assassins she had sent after the Royals had returned. But that was to be expected. That was exactly why she hadn't sent her best men. The ones she did send were expendable, a decent shot at killing a Royal or two before the kids themselves died. No, what disturbed her more than that was the fact that one of her slaves had escaped. She preferred to call them "project guests" of course, but no amount of threatening or bribery worked on that one, so she dropped the niceties. The girl had escaped right after Feria herself had left Rome the previous night, and she had a very bothersome habit of respecting Empress Sarah Octavia beyond all reason. That meant possible trouble for Feria. If the girl got to Sarah or one of her friends, she might lead them to her Roman base. 

But they might never find her here. Not in this castle. She would be able to pick her battlefield. A trusted friend of that English one-Looden was her name? Linden?- had lived here. Speaking of which...Feria turned to the struggling woman behind her. "Comfortable?" But the prisoner couldn't speak, since her mouth was stuffed. "Very well. You helped the Queen survive once, now your castle will assist me in killing her and the others." Feria laughed, a sick grin on her face. "Rather poetic justice, Lady Alexandra. I wish you could be around to see it. Oh wait..." She grabbed Alexandra by the ropes that bound her and pulled her to the edge of the castle wall. 

"...no. No, I don't."

And then she pushed.