Turtlenecks (TF2 x Reader)

Everyone was sitting around, either trying to stay entertained, or just simply doing nothing as they waited for their little spitfire to get home. (Y/n) was like the little sister for all of RED team, and a while ago she had left them by themselves so she could go get a few things. Scout let out a groan and dragged his hand across his face, looking lazily over at the few of them trying to play poker.

"When da hell is (Y/n) getting back?" The Bostonian asked, upside down on the old leather couch. Everyone else shrugged, sharing the same disdain about wanting her back. Pyro was in the corner, letting out whines as he waited for the (h/c) haired girl to get home.

Your POV

Finally you were almost home, so glad that Engie had let you borrow his truck. You sorta felt bad leaving them there, knowing they were probably bored and were gonna want something to make up for it. So you had planned a three course meal for the men when you got back. Plus you had a surprise for them, and hoped you could convince them to use your presents. A slightly evil giggle escaped your lips as you turned, pulling into the base.

Other POV

Pyro immediately heard you pull up in the old pickup, even if no one else did. Letting out a happily squeal, he got up and bolted outside to the truck, leaving everyone raising their eyebrows at the rambunctious fire lover. Yet when they heard the familiar squeal and laugh as you were probably tackled by Pyro, they all got up and ran out to help you, Scout leading the crew.

Your POV

You laughed, having been literally tackled by Pyro, yet of course you didn't mind. Smiling widely, you hugged him back, feeling him nuzzling his face into your shoulder and hugging you as if you had been gone for years.

Soon you were enveloped in more hugs, all of the RED team squeezing you tightly. You let out a whine, indicating that air in your lungs would be greatly appreciated. Slowly, they loosened their hold, smiling down at you (yes you're short :3).

"Don't evah leave again!" Scout commanded, more pleading as if he was a lonely puppy. You giggled and smiled at all of them.

"I wasn't even gone that long! Did you really miss me that much?" You asked, hand on your hips. They all nodded, big bad mercenaries acting like lonely pups. They gave you their signature puppy dog eyes, making you melt in seconds. "Awe okay okay, I'm home, I'm back." You finally said. They all smiled triumphantly as they helped you back in all the bags, like the gentlemen they were.. Sometimes.

Once everything was put away, but before you started dinner, you walked into the rec room where everybody was waiting like you asked them to. You held a big bag full of something behind you, biting your lip as you went and stood in front of them, hiding the bag behind your back as best you could.

"So what do ya have ther darlin'?" Engie asked, other mercs nodding, curious as well.

"W-weeeell.. I had these m-made for us.. Th-they were supposed to be different b-but there was a little mixup.." You said softly. "But I-I hope you'll like them all the same.." You added quietly after.

"I bet zat we will love zem, cherie." Spy said and took a puff of his cigarette before snuffing it out. The others nodded in agreement, waiting for you to show them.

You nodded more confidently as you slowly pulled the bag out from behind you and pulled one of them out. It happened to be Scout's one, and you slowly unfolded the soft fabric. One it was fully unfolded, the men could see it was a red turtleneck with Scout's class symbol on the upper sleeve. Smiling shyly, you tossed it to him, and started giving the rest of the mercs theirs. They all looked at them, tilting their heads. It got you worried, making you fidget nervously as you held your own with your symbol adorning it. When no one spoke, you squeezed your eyes shut, knowing this was a bad idea.

"Awesome!" You heard Scout say, making you open one eye. The lean male was already taking off his shirt to put on the turtleneck, hat and headset tumbling to the floor. Once it was on and gave you a big, genuine smile and hug. "Dis is so nice! I can't believe us did somethin' like this for us!" He said happily. Everyone else nodded as they all started to put on the presents, making you blush and run to your room to hide from the half naked men, but to also put your own on.

When getting back you saw Soldier furiously tugging at the collar of the turtleneck, like it was too tight. He let out a 'grrr', annoyed by the tightness. "Oh it looks good on you." Spy said, patting the man's shoulder with a small chuckle. Demo on the other hand let out a drunken laugh and responded with, "Aye it really does!"

Seeing him struggle made you giggle, hiding your smile behind your sleeve covered hand. You saw all the others complimenting each other and chatting, making your smile widen in happiness as you headed to the kitchen.

'Ah I love my big dysfunctional family..' You thought to yourself, shaking your head with a smile as you started dinner happily.

~~~~~

Sorry it's crappy, but I tried (-; )
I'll be updating more soon! So look forward to that!

~Anayame (^◇^)