CHAPTER 04

Is... that a Palace I see? Wh-Where am I?

I looked around frantically trying to find a single soul who could explain to me what's going on. Wheres Mr. Ace? Venessa?

In the distance loomed a tall and majestic white building.

It's many pointed towers giving it the look of an eccentric crown..

It seemed as if the entire thing was made entirely of ice, but when looked close upon one could see it was an enormous building made purely of white marbles, stones and crystals. The palace grew right out of the ground like a glacier and it reflected the light like many shards of glass in the Summer afternoon sun.

Suddenly the view changed and I was in some kind of a big room with a vast space. At the end was a huge chair which could fit my entire family! It sat on top of a pedestal. Below on either sides we're cushioned seats which was occupied by people I've never known.

What is this place? Who are these people?

There was silence and I heard the opening of a door behind me. Swiftly turning around, I saw a lady walk in with maids by her side and, woah...Is that Mr. Ace? And... and Venessa?

The lady who entered, I could only stare at her in awe. She was beyond gorgeous, clad in a turquoise and green flowing gown a shawl wrapped around her waist, resting on either arms. She had bright red hair pined to the top with an expensive looking hair ornament. What was even more beautiful in her, was her eyes. A deep blue like I've never seen before.

The lady walked with authority and self esteem. Her every step was a grace.

"Rise to her Majesty, Queen Melanie" Mr. Ace's voice boomed in the closed room.

What? Queen M-Melanie? Sophie Melanie? Isn't she dead? Am I seeing the past? Is that why no one seems to be aware of my presence?

My chest hurt and I had to grab it hard to stop the pain.  

Urgh.... What's wrong now?

The surrounding changed once again. The gorgeous lady was in a garden which was well kept, filled with flowers and trees of all species. She was now in a simple flowing Yellow dress which complimented her pretty eyes. A man walked up to her from behind closing her eyes and teasing her to guess, making her giggle like a school girl on a date.

I wonder if he's her boyfriend?

She seemed happy, so normal. And more importantly, at peace.

Over and over again the surroundings kept changing and I caught glimpses of the lady. Every time She came into view my chest clenched harder and harder. It felt like I couldn't breathe.

Why am I seeing this? Is this Mr. Ace's doing?

The current one, I'm in her bed chamber. The Queen was holding a cuddled up baby gently in her hands. I moved a teeny bit closer peering at the baby. It was a girl. A red head with large blue eyes, just like her Mom.

"Stella."

I lifted my head and stared at the Queen. Can she see me?

No. She was still looking at her baby girl as she called out the name again and the baby responded with a kick and moving her hands about letting out gurgling noise.

I stared at the baby in horror.

What?

♦♦♦

I saw the baby as she grew up. She became a fine little girl, loved by the maids. But the Ministers seemed to despise her except one man named Sir Daron Dallas, who adored her. I knew why the other Ministers loathed her. It was because her Father was a commoner. A French guy whom the Queen fell in love with. I have no idea why I never saw that guy again.

I came to terms that the girl's name being Stella was just a coincidence.

She was eight now. Free and pure to the world around her. But I knew what was to come. Because she was the daughter of a commoner, the Ministers demanded the baby girl be executed. They said it's a rule that royalty is to marry into royalty. Bullshit!

The deal was when she turns eight, the Queen should come with a decision.

I was now in the throne room. That place with that huge chair on a pedestal. It's actually the throne of the Queen. There was an argument going on. The ministers were in a rage. The Queen remained neutral as she tried to calm the insane people around her.

"I will not execute nor let anyone do such a thing to my daughter! Keep in mind, she is this kingdom's princess."

One of them laughed an ugly laugh, sneering at the Queen.

"A commoner's daughter our Princess? Surely you haven't lost your mind my Queen?" He said arrogantly. The others agreed to what this fool was saying.

"This has gone too far. We demand a conclusion right now Your Majesty. Its either that girl being executed or we start an uprise against the Royals of Fairynasia." A man seated close to the pedestal voiced out.

The Queen looked lost, and for the first time since I started seeing these visions, I saw her cry.

"First my husband, now my daughter." She started sobbing. The people around her showed no mercy. They continued arguing.

If I was not invisible I would've beat the crap out of these clowns!

Melanie took a deep breath, and looked at her followers.

"I shall not put an end to my beloved daughter."

"But..."

"Silence. Do not speak out of turn. Like I said, I will not have my baby executed, but will have her reincarnate."

There was another uproar, as the Ministers talked back and forth.

"As you wish your Majesty. It's best having her reincarnate and out of here, rather than seeing her grow up in this Palace." One of the men said with a satisfied look in his ugly face which I wanted to kick so badly.

"Tomorrow will be the day." That was all she said as she left the room. Before the doors closed I saw her fall to the ground in tears. The minsters were oblivious and enjoyed the moment.