CHAPTER 05

I couldn't watch. No, this was something awful. I have to turn away. Look away Stella!  The hell should I watch something heartbreaking?

Princess Stella was dressed in a lovely baby blue and white frilly dress, her long hair flowing as she looked at her mother with nothing but love.

They were in a room I hadn't seen before. A room with a huge fountain in the center. There were men in robes around the fountain. And of course those assed up Ministers. Mr. Ace was present, so was Venessa and a little boy gripping Mr. Ace's hand. I couldn't see who he was. I've never seen him in the visions. I didn't care. What was more important was what was going to happen to the Princess.

The men in robes were priests of the Royal family. They had started reciting something which I couldn't understand.

Queen Melanie had lost her glow. She bent on her knees, so she was eye-to-eye with Stella. She caressed her little girl's cheek, as tears dripped down her face.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything." She continued sobbing. Stella remained still. Not a single tear in her eyes.

How long is she going to remain strong?

The princess rested her forehead on her mothers, finally showing emotion on her face. She's smiling?

"In a place where people do not value others feelings, this was bound to happen Mommy. It was inevitable. It's not your fault. You have nothing to apologize." I can't believe how steady her voice is.

Damn this girl is stronger than any adult I've seen.

She took her head back and placed her small hands on either side of her mother's face gently.

"Be it a month, a year or maybe centuries long, no matter how long time passes by, I WILL return Mommy. Wait for me." She said with a determined look. The Queen nodded as she smiled weakly. My heart ached for mother and child. I couldn't understand why the pain in my chest got stronger by the minute.

One of the priest moved forth, whispering something in Minister Dallas's ear. He nodded and then turned to the Queen.

"It's time Your' Highness."

She stood up, gripping little Stella's hand firmly as she led her to the fountain.

Queen Melanie kissed her daughter one last time and moved back as the girl lifted her frock and stepped into the fountain. Her back was facing everyone.

She turned around taking in her surrounding and the faces one last time. Her gaze finally stopped at the brown haired little boy. Her gaze softened and she broke a sad smile.

"I will be back Addie."

He nodded as he gripped Mr.Ace's hand tightly.

So his name is Addie. I wonder who he is to the little girl.

The voices of the priests rose as they began their enchantment. Queen, Minister Dallas, Mr.Ace, Venessa and a few other maids and guards present in the room sported the same grim, pained expression while the other Ministers had victory written all over their disgusting faces.

I glued my gaze on Stella, who from the moment I saw a glimpse of her, had captured me. As the noise around her grew louder, she remained still. And then, her eyes started to flicker. Her movement swayed. But through everything, her expression surprised the shit out of me. Determined, Angry and more over Calm.

There was a splash, the little princess had fallen into the water. Everyone rushed to look inside, me included. She submerged, her eyes closed shut, lips in a tight line, her complexion pale, and her beautiful long scarlet hair now as white as snow. She wasn't breathing, her chest didn't rise to a soft rhythm. Princess Stella Eden was no more.

The Queen broke down crying, wailing her eyes out as she clutched her baby girl close to her chest.

I couldn't bear to watchanymore. It was too painful. I reached out to touch the mother. I wanted, no I needed to touch her. I didn't know why, but the urge was too strong. But at the very moment, before my hand touched her shoulder, my vision blurred,my head felt heavy, and then all-out-black.